VI - Hangover

Hey guys! This is a short chapter, but it's a good one. At least, I hope. Enjoy <2

*** ~0~ ***

Nope. I am not the type of person who will suffer from hangover. Definitely not.

You see, I'm not really weird. I do drink when I'm sad and I easily get drunk because I cry too much. Yeah, definitely not weird.

I dreamt of sleeping in a very comfortable bed. Really comfortable that I can almost sleep whole day. Squishy pillows, the rays of the sun are neatly blocked by dark curtains, a smell of a man's cologne on fabric. Wait, what? 

I slowly opened my eyes and rub it. The room is filled with colors of white and dark blue. The space is more likely the same as my unit. I tried to remember everything that happened last night as I sit down at the edge of the bed. I'm still in my dress from yesterday and my purse was set aside at the bedside table. I tried to stand up but i felt a sting on my left foot. 

"You're awake." I looked up to see Jake leaning on the door frame. His voice is the usual morning deep voice. I wonder how deep his could go when newly awake. 

"Oh, uhm, morning?" I grin up at him as memories are starting to come to my senses now.

"Breakfast is ready, or we can call it brunch." He said as he smirked at me. It's already 10:40 in the morning. I shook my head and followed him out.

"Need me to lift you, shortcake?" Jake asked as he looked back at me. I am walking like I have a shorter right leg.

"Nope. I can manage. Thanks anyway." I said shyly.

He gestured me to sit on a bar stool. The food was already settled neatly on the bar table. His kitchen is so neat. His house in general is neat.

"I suppose I don't need to explain why are you at my house?" He said as he noticed me looking around.

I looked at my plate, said a little prayer and began eating. I can feel the heat running to my cheeks right now. This is embarrassing, please don't say it, please, please.

He was smirking at me while digging into his food the whole time. And I can't really concentrate to think on what to do or say to dismiss the awkwardness I am feeling.

Finally, I cleared my throat. "
Uhmm, thanks for helping me... And for letting me stay. I think... I should go home now? Yeah?"

"So, you do remember every thing." He said, a smirk still playing in his damn good looking face.

"Not really like everything? I mean... Some? But not everything." I lied.

Jake stopped eating and rested his arms to the table to lean closer to me. "Really? Because I really wanted you to show me some more magic."

I was drinking my water and suddenly choke on it when I remembered what I did last night. Magic. Oh my goodness. Floor, swallow me whole.

I heard Jake chuckled at my reaction and I swear that I look like a tomato right now. I kept my head down low and trying to regain some courage to face him.

"I have a question."

"Shoot."

"Why am I here? I mean, I don't tend to say I didn't like to be here but, I was just surprised. I mean, you could have brought me to my house, instead. Right?"

"Hmm, so you don't remember that part."

I shook my head to answer.

"First. I did ask you where your house is. But you didn't want to answer. Second. I can't leave you with some cuts on your foot. Third, I was thinking I could use some ride to get my bike back at Smallville since I left it there last night."

"Oh." Was the only thing I could say.

"Come on, you can take a shower before we could go." Jake offered.

"I don't have any clothes to wear."

Jake played a smug look on his face. "I would be happy to let you borrow some of mine."

My face lightened. I really wanted to take a bath, now.

"But, nuh-uh!" Jake continued waving his left finger at me.

"What? Why?" I asked trying to hide my disappointment.

"You can borrow my shirt if you were my girlfriend. I have high respect on women, Rhi. I don't want you to go around with my shirt on and be proud of it. I bought you a pair, though." He said handing me a paper bag.

Seriously, where did he hide it?

And, wow. What a gentleman.

"Thanks. I really appreciate these."

"Mmhmm." He said as he turned to the sink to wash the plates.

"I'll pay! I'll pay for these... How-"

"Nah, consider it as my payment."

"Payment? For?"

He stopped doing the dishes and turned a little to look at me from the corners of his eyes and said, "from the little magic trick you showed me last night."

And winked.