IV - Fairy Tale

I ended up saying yes to Brent's invitation to Brielle's 4th Birthday Party celebration. And here I am now at 10 in the morning, looking for a costume to wear since the guests are 'required' to wear one.

Brielle suggested I can be one of the Disney princesses since it's the theme. So, I decided to be the- Tooth Fairy. Yeah, I know. But it was the easiest to do, find some wings and voila! Plus, I hate 'princess', why? I just woke up one day and realized I hate it.

Putting some large bands on my hair to make it look shorter, I checked on my outfit for the last time in the mirror and laughed at myself and headed to my car.

"I can't believe i'm doing this."

The event will be in one of the city's prestigious hotel and was a 15 minute drive. As i entered the ballroom, a lady dressed in Princess Jasmine welcomed me and beside her was Brielle dressed in a very beautiful gown and a dazzling tiara. She looks so familiar, then popped beside her is Jake. 

Siblings.

"Hello! You must be Miss Rhian, Brielle couldn't stop talking to me about you! I'm Jasmine, Brielle's mom and it's very nice to meet you." She exclaimed with a big smile.

"Call me Rhian, please. Pleasure is mine and it's very nice to meet you too." I smiled shyly.

"Tooth fairy!" Brielle shouted and the kids behind her started to form a circle around me with all amusement in their eyes. I smiled at them. I just love kids.

"Okay, kids. The party is about to start and why don't you go back to your seats. And Jake, please keep Miss- Rhian a company." Jasmine ordered.

I didn't have much of a choice right? I looked up at Jake who I realized is dressed as Jack Frost. I almost rolled my eyes at him. What a coincidence.

"Not a fan of princesses, aren't you?" He asked with a smirk.

"Nuh ugh." I said shaking my head lightly.

"Suits you, Tooth fairies are short- cute, that's what I mean." His smirk lifted a little more further than needed..

I am starting to get annoyed knowing we only have this conversation started 15 seconds ago. "Could you show me my seat, now? Please?"

"Why so uptight, shortcake?" He asked me as he raised one brow.

"Am not." I said looking away. "Maybe I'm just not in the mood to joke around with you."

"Mmhmm." He hummed teasingly.

"I don't even know you."

His smirk now turned in to a smile. "Oh Rhi, the night is young, and I'll make sure we could get to know each other. Very much. Just relax."

I gave him a fake smile as he leads me to our table. And why the heck my nickname sounds heavenly when he said it? I am this near in making him say it again.

~.~

Dinner was served and the host started the children's game. Jake has excused himself after the dinner and I was left alone with bunch of strangers. Feeling a little bloated, I took the chance to excuse myself, grabbed a cup of tea and headed to the pool side. I love pools.

I saw at the corner side of the pool a silhouette of a man lighting a cigarette, I ignored him and stayed at the other side as I sip on my cup.

"Shortcake." It's Jake. "Bored already?"

I stared at him as my eyes adjust to the dark. He walks closer to me.

"Ugh, no. I just feel bloated."