Chapter 10

Fireworks. Thats all I feel. I felt so many different emotions.

He pulled away blushing beat red.

"I- I'm so sorry!" He hides his face in his hands.

"It's fine," I pull his hand out of his face, "I want you to know that I love you, too."

He sighed a breath of relief and smiled down to the floor.

"Ew!" I hear Maria say from behind me.

I turn around to see her face is scrunched up and she's sticking her tounge out.

"Oh, come here you!" I run at her trying to catch her, but she sqeals and runs around the room. I grab her by the waist, laughing and giggleing with her as we plop down on her bed.

"I love you, too, Maria," I pull her close and kiss her forhead, "I won't let anyone hurt you."

She hugged me tightly. She yawned a bit before falling asleep.

I smile down at her and look over to Jeffory.

I twitch my head to signal for him to come lay down.

He does so and pulls Maria and me close to him.

"You know, our original plan was to go shopping, right?" He laughs slightly.

I giggle, "Right. Let me settle her down and we'll go. Okay?"

"Alright," he kisses my head before getting up and exiting the room.

***

"Okay, she's all tucked in and we're ready to go!" I grab my winter coat and fake ID that we made the second I changed my look.

Jeffory was already out in the car, so I just had to grab the list.

"Check, check, check-y check check-er-oo!" I laugh.

"Careful, okay?" I mans voice comes from behind me.

I jump startled by Mercy.

"Mercy! You scared me..."

"I'm sorry. I'm still getting back into groove with being this 'guardian angel' crap," he laughs slightly looking at the ground.

"It's fine. Crap! I can't talk to you in public, so keep low profile so I don't look completely crazy?" I giggle out being slightly serious.

"Of course."

"Okay! The we're set!"

***

"Did you grab eggs?" I ask Jeffory while we're looking for snacks for Maria.

"Oh crap, can you get those?"

"Sure! Be right back," I sprint to the freezer aile.

I grab the eggs and turn to go back to Jeffory, but then I heard Mercy say,"Head down. Find Jeffory, now!"

I do as I'm told and keep my head slightly down to where I can still see where I'm going and walk as fast as I can.

I find Jeffory where he originally was.

"Jeff," I whisper handing him the eggs.

"Whats wrong?" He takes the eggs and puts them in the cart.

"Mercy just told me to keep low profile. Somethings wrong."

Someone taps my shoulder. I jump grabbing Jefforys hand, and turning towards what ever tapped me.

"Excuse me, Miss. I'm sorry, but can you move over a little bit?" An elderly woman, about 60, asks.

"Oh! I'm sorry, here," I move over to let the woman pass by.

Jeffory clears his throat and I look at him.

He looks at my hand, and I realize I'm still holding his hand. I blush bright red and let go.

"I'll go find some snack," I say looking at the ground and walking away.