iii

Chapter Three

"For the first time in history, we created a code and have achieved the perfect human being..."

I hear people talking and footsteps, but I don't pay attention to my surroundings. I'm just looking straight head. There is a large plastic tube that it could fit an entire human and there is one inside. The plastic is hardly see through so I can't see very well.

Only a silhouette of a person.

"Name it Hakyeon when they ask you.." Someone whispers in my ear and I turn around to see who it is. Nobody, there's no one there.

"What the..?"

I hear my alarm go off, waking me up from my slumber. I sat down on my bed and stretch my arms.

"What a weird dream I had.." I said while yawning.

Well, this is a weird way to start the day off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm walking towards my office, only 5 minutes until I'm officially late. So I just thought 'Why not run? I'll get there faster before they have to call me'.

Boy, that was a mistake on my part. While running towards my office, I bumped into Taekwoon; making us, both, fall on our bums.

"Ah sorry, Taekwoon. I wasn't seeing where I was going." I said while rubbing my bum. Damn, I hit the floor hard.

Taekwoon shakes his head and gets up, offering his hand to help up, "Next time be more careful." I nod, taking his hand and getting up.

"Thanks." Taekwoon just responds with a nod. Typical.

"Hey, there you are you two. Everyone is waiting." The scientist that talked to me yesterday came running toward us then stopping in from of us catching her breath.

"We need to hurry or else we won't see it!" She said while finally catching her breath.

"Let me put my belongings in my office, grab my coat and we'll go," I replied. Entering my office, I put down my belongings and grab my coat.

"Okay, let's go!" Closing the door behind me, we ran towards the main laboratory.

As we arrived, a few scientists told us that they are glad we are here to see this. Since this is a very rare event, everyone was excited.

Not every day, you see a big scientific project that had been in the making for years with your own eyes. So I can tell why everyone is excited but for a weird reason, I don't feel any excitement from it. Looking at my right, where Taekwoon is. I can see, he's not very excited for this either.

Yes, I know Taekwoon is serious most of the time but when he is excited, he shows it and he is not excited. His face still shows no emotion whatsoever, still a very serious expression on his face.

We all looked up when we hear someone clear their throat. "Welcome everyone! As you all may know already. We are gathered here to present the result of our biggest project ever."

Everybody in the main laboratory applauds and cheer. You can feel and see the excitement on the fellow scientists gather here. But I, on another hand, is very serious. I'm not even remotely excited for the reveal.

I have a passion for science. Why the heck am I not feeling the excitement from this? Am I becoming Taekwoon? Nah, even Taekwoon gets excited for the things he likes.

What the heck is wrong with me?

Anyways, as the people quiet down, the man continues to talk. "I'm pretty sure no one here knows what the project is about. Only the people who work with it knows. This project has been in the making for 24 years...", "Hey Taekwoon, it's as old as you," I whispered to Taekwoon, getting back a shush; meaning shut the fuck up.

I rolled my eyes and continue listening. "This project is about creating a code to make a perfect human being. After years trying to perfect it. We have it here. Have a look at this amazing creation."

As he finished, a curtain fell over revealing a large tube that could fit a human in it. Oh and look, it has one or so it looks by the silhouette.

My eyes widen, I dreamed of this. As I stared at it, people were in awe. Others were cheering saying that now we can create a perfect human race and others saying that we don't need God anymore, we have science and science can now create life.

I almost went and slap the shit out of those people. God is the only one that can create life. Even though I like science, I won't give up my fate in God for science. No one is perfect, we are unique.

I shake my head and walks towards the tube. Even this close, you could still hardly see the features of this 'thing'. I don't what to called.

"Now that everyone has seen it. We should give him a name." The man said, pressing a button making the tube a lot brighter by the lights on the bottom. You could now see clearly the features of him. Apparently is a male.

His hair is a reddish brown, his skin is a golden tan like the sun just kissed his skin, beautiful plum lips and let me tell you he has a cute now. I cannot deny that he, indeed, looks attractive. Kinda looks like an idol you'll see on tv.

"Hakyeon," I exclaimed, forgetting that I was in a room full of people. They all looked at me with questioning looks on their faces.

"He looks like a Hakyeon to me. Maybe we could name him that." I explained. I let out a sigh once everyone nodded in agreement.

That was what the voice told me to called him once they asked. But what was that voice, who does it belongs to?

"Nice name, you chose...", "Jiyoung", "Ah yes, Jiyoung." the man exclaimed. "We should also give him a surname."

"Cha. Cha Hakyeon." I replied.

"Very well. Our finished product will be called Cha Hakyeon." Everyone applauded and cheered. "Also, Jiyoung. Since you gave him the name. You'll be taking care of him."

"Oh yeah, of cour- wait. What?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Well, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I had fun writing this one. I was literally rushing to write all my ideas for this chapter as fast as I could because it was already late.

Surprisingly, I reached over 1000 words on this. So if I can get this excited again, it means you gonna get a longer chapter 😹.

Anyways, hopefully to the people reading this, don't be ghosties and comment what you think or what you want to happen! Or vote you can vote. I just feel that no one is reading this and I might not even continue it.

words count: 1040

Until next chapter, byeeee!