vii

Chapter Seven

Months have passed. Life has been strangely quiet, too monotone. I will wake up, dress myself, I will pour some dog food for Ellie on her plate and Hakyeon will have a simple breakfast prepare for us. Sometimes he will go with me to work but sometimes he chose to stay at the apartment because apparently, Ellie will get lonely. Not that I'm complaining, it means that I can actually work without having to worry about him. It does gets a little boring without having Hakyeon around when I am tacked up with work. He makes it a bit more tolerant.

There is one thing I partially hate, is that every two weeks I have to send a report on how Hakyeon is doing, how he is coping with everything, etc. Which I did not mind for the first month or two but it has been almost six months now. This monotony is driving me insane. I just hope I do not end up in a mental institution.

It is already six in the afternoon meaning the end of my shift. I gather my stuff and walk out of my office. Another exhausting day, I say to myself as I lock the door of my office. I place my bag on the floor so I can be able to put on my coat. It is already December and cold weather is unbearable. I zip up my coat and grab my bag from the floor. As I start to make my way through the hallway towards the elevator. I suddenly stop as I hear whispers. I hide behind a wall, not moving an inch of my body as I try to level down my breathing.

I know I should not be eavesdropping but curiosity kills the cat. I place my bag closer to me as I try to hear on anything they are talking. Maybe I can hear some gossip, the facility has been so quiet lately. There has been nothing more than people doing their jobs. Sometimes I thought they were robots because they just so monotone and talk so straight forward without any hint of emotions behind it. But all that could be because the lack of freedom this place gives you.

"Is everything going according to our plan?" Someone says making me break away from my thoughts. What plan are they talking about? I hope is a plan to do something about that cafeteria food. It just brings back bad memories of high school. To believe that this place being so high-end will, at least, have some god damn delicious food. Though, I hardly eat there because Dark Utopia's food is the best but when you have piles and piles of work to do and you cannot leave without, at least, finishing half of it. Which means I must eat at the cafeteria when I am too lazy to finish half of the paperwork.

"Yes, sir. Everything is running smoothly and we can begin once you believe is ready," a girl says. The other voice sounded like a man so I am thinking it is the girl's boss and she is the assistant. Just by the way she is addressing him he surely is of a higher rank. Oh, look! I am going all detective mode. I should have study that. Okay, no. Back to the two mysterious persons talking in front of the elevators.

"Excellent then we will start with the plan in two weeks' time," the I-clearly-do-not-know-his-name-so we'll-call-him-dude says as the elevator makes a ding sound signaling that is here to pick up whoever was on this floor. I hear the sound of footsteps fading away and the elevator's doors closing. I did not dare to move until I could hear the elevator descending. I let out a deep breath and walk towards the elevator. I press the button, take my phone out and text Taekwoon while I wait until the elevator comes back up.

(j.taekwoon, jijiyoung, hotbean, cutie_pie, ace-wonshik / 5 people in the chat)

jijiyoung: Woonie! I need to tell you something asap (6:15 pm)

j.taekwoon: shoot (6:15 pm)

cutie_pie: you could at least say hi to us if you are going to talk in our chat (6:16 pm)