chapter 1

Its wasn't easy being born in poverty and seeing poverty all around you.
It wasn't a choice of mine it was just life. My family wasn't as poor as the others I guess you could call us middle class.

I had four brothers and six sisters you had: Tommy,Tiana,Tanisha,Tony,TafroyJr, Timoya, Timothy, Toniann,Tamara,Teresa and then you had me Nikita Henry.
I guess by the time my mom and dad had me they were tired of the T this and T that.
Like my name  everything about me was different, it was always about the books for me. I wasn't like my other sisters they would sit and watch television then argue about which boy they loved and who was more beautiful.
Daddy was a go getter. He would work his shirt off his back just to provide food for us and to ensure we went to the best of the best schools.
My sisters were jealous of me because I would always get better grades and mommy would tell them to try and be like me. My brothers and I got along well except when they called me young nerd they found it funny but I didn't. As the years went by we all grow up and I graduated from Harvard with distinctions and had a PhD I was all rounded.

I wasn't the most beautiful Tamara was but that didn't matter to me I had a vision to make it and that I did.