Chapter 19

Back to Boston, but this time around with a hell of a purpose Oliver knew was one of the most important in his life. Winning Elli's heart was as much important to him as leaving his childhood home, getting a scholarship to go through college and then finding a job. It seemed to him like a threshold he was standing upon, and like in dreams he had no control over his feet as he just waited to somehow, with desperateness to cross it.

And his desperateness was showing with a vengeance as he threateningly revealed his non-existent fangs to the eight year old - high on sugar - boy who had been poking at his butt continuously since the last ten minutes, the incessant disturbance was making his nerves perform a chaotic jumba dance as he stood at the airport. The boy gulped as Oliver put on his vilest smirk. Practicing the facial expressions of the most awesome villains in movies at last paid off and the boy decided that he was done annoying people and scooted away from Oliver.

Oliver chuckled to himself in pride, although his tiny victory moment didn't last for long. He inhaled a long breath and narrowed his eyes at the swarming people advancing, clearly they were out of the plane that had just landed. His heart beat accelerated, that meant he would be seeing Elli any moment now. Any moment!

And then, he saw her and his heart stopped for that moment.

Automatically, totally out of his control his feet began moving toward Elli. He could feel the goofy smile spreading across his face and his sore heart was finally at peace.

Elli was looking at her luggage in the trolley with a frown, she jumped and gasped as Oliver said leaning in. "Finally, found you."

"You!" Elli squeaked.

"To receive you," Oliver sang. "Yes, I am."

Her shocked reaction was so cute that his smile stretched into a grin. And there was just something in her eyes that just confirmed his theory that it was because of him that she put distance between them, that too to such a huge extent. He would have to investigate about it all urgently, firmly he reminded himself again, and alongside he would charm her heart and win her love. It was all planned.

However, the earlier peace of his sore heart along with his firm plans were short lived.

A hand snaked around Elli's shoulders, making Oliver tragically dissipate his grin.

"Is this guy harrassing you, Elli?"

"No, Misha, don't worry." Elli stated, her face and her eyes turning blank as she glanced at the man standing too close to her. "He knows that he would be dead if he even think of harrassing me."

"True." Misha smiled down at her.

Oh please! Oliver resisted the urge to gag.

His brows creased and he felt a painful pang deep inside witnessing the obvious closeness Elli had with this doofus.

How could Emma? She should have given him a warning that Elli was bringing a f***ing date. He would have been at least mentally prepared then.

"Misha, Oliver...," Elli introduced them with a bored expression. "Oliver, Misha. Now get going, where's the car?" she urged.

Oliver's cheesy mood and his mental blueprint of winning a heart were totally and pathetically ruined by the time they reached the car. But on their way Oliver made sure to dig his crutch in Misha's foot twice, ignored Elli's glares and rumbling promises of making his life a living hell and vice versa.

Misha, though, had a suspicous look on his face. Oliver ignored that too and concentrated fending off the green bile rising up his throat.

"I see, the injuries from the car crash got you a nice weapon to jab into people's feet." Elli had her lips pressed into a thin line and Oliver suddenly had the urge to correct them by a thorough kiss. But she was far away from him in back seat with the looser where he burned here next to the robotic driver.