Chapter 2

I've known Rocky for about a year, we were introduced by a mutual friend. We both worked at the technology repair center, he repaired devices while I just helped manage the phone and appointments. We knew each other, but we weren't friends. Our friend Storm introduced us one day when he came to get his computer fixed. After about six months we got together, much the the displeasure of Storm. When the disappearances started, I quit my job and got a new one as a reporter for the Sevastopol Station paper. I got paid well, just for writing about rumors and opinions. There were many rumors that honestly scared me. One person suggested the idea of a person kidnapping or killing people and hiding the bodies. But Sevastopol was packed with people, and it was happening so fast! Another women, crazed by fear, claimed that her teenage son was snatched by a large black beast. I visited the Marshall's Bureau, it was surrounded by a mob of angry people, so scared and desperate. I was able to speak with Marshall Waites, he refused to say anything about the disappearances, saying "Sevastopol Station is safe and secure." I wrote horrible things about Waites because of that. People tried attacking the Marshalls, and from my understanding some people were killed. The Marshalls started ejecting people from the terminals, forcing us out. Finally there weren't any ships left. Many people are still stuck on this station alongside us. Nobody is coming to help us, with the communications down. Rocky had led us to the old library, full of books that hadn't been touched for centuries. We made our way to the back room and locked ourselves in. I was scared, even though he didn't show it, Rocky was scared too.