Chapter 9

Note: Because this is based off of the video game Alien Isolation, swearing will be included from here on out. I won't have characters swearing in every sentence, but they will be swearing nonetheless. You have been warned.

--------------------------------------------

There was a light dinging noise as the elevator stopped and the doors opened.
"Here we are, the communication center." Storm said, almost proudly. We left the elevator and made our way up a long flight of stairs to the left of the elevator.
"Ugh, I hate stairs." I sighed, trudging up to the next level. I noted the lockers that we passed, they could come in handy as hiding places. We went into a room with a window. The room overlooked the large room that made up the bulk of the communications center.
"Damn, that's a lot of Working Joes." I said, staring down at the room that had at least four androids in it. Rocky approached the computer, and hit a few keys. The screen flashed red.
"External communications shut down by order of Apollo." A pre-recorded voice said.
"You have got to be kidding me." I groaned.
"Then we have no reason to stick around, let's get out before the androids notice us." Rocky said.
"Wait, what about Houston?" Storm said, his eyes wide.
"He doesn't matter. Let's go, Jemma." Rocky said, reaching out his hand for me to take.
"No, we can't leave Houston. Since when did you back away from danger?" I challenged.
"Fine. We find him and get out." Rocky sighed. We left the room, and started heading down the stairs.
"Wait. Stop." I whispered. We all froze. Footsteps. We all flung ourselves into lockers. A terrible mechanic voice called out to see if anybody was there. He turned to the locker I was in, he stared at it, almost like he could see me. I was holding my breath.
"There you are." The Working Joe said, ripping open the locker and tearing me out. Before I knew what was happening his hands were around my throat and I started to choke.