Chapter 6

"Storm." Rocky grumbled.
"Oh, come on Rocky..." Storm began.
"Shut up. I'm not going to talk to an idiot like you." Rocky snapped.
"Boys." I mumbled, rolling my eyes. Ever since Rocky and I had gotten together the friendship between the two boys collapsed into the void. I hate the guilt it left me with, because it was all because of me.
"So... Jemma, where are you heading?" Storm asked, breaking the silence.
"We're heading to comms. We're going to try to fix long range communications." I explained.
"Oh, better not. I was just there with my friend, Houston. There were androids everywhere. We got split up and he said he'd meet me at the transit car, that was a few hours ago." Storm looked down at his feet.
"Even if there are androids we still have to do this." Rocky said, glaring at Storm.
"Yeah! But while we're at it we should look for Houston, he could be hiding or trapped!" I said, looking into Rocky's emerald green eyes. I had met Houston once before. Houston was a goofy guy, and he definitely didn't act his age. He was always telling jokes and running around annoying people, but he was nice. I wasn't going to leave him for dead.
"Hey, you guys?" Storm said, after a few moments of silence.
"Yeah?" I replied.
"Can I come with you?"
"Yes." I interrupted Rocky just as he was about to say no. He looked at me, a little surprised. But sighed and let it go. The transit doors opened and we made our way out, and went up a small staircase.
"Jemma, I can't believe you let him come." Rocky whispered.
"It's the right call. If worse comes to worse he could distract the androids." I nudged Rocky with my elbow and pulled ahead. The last thing I needed was to argue with him.