Distraction

'You know, I can see you.'
'Hmm?'

She turned to look at him with a raised eyebrow attempting to hide her smile.

'I can see you staring at me.' She stated. 'Mirror, reflection...' she added whilst pointing to the glass before her and back to Jacob who was still clearly distracted.

He scanned over her figure once more before finally lifting his eyes to look to her face as he climbed from the bed.

'Well, when you dress like that Mrs Beauchamp, you can hardly blame me,' he whispered seductively, snaking his arms around her waist.
She stifled her smile so not to lose her accuracy as she continued to apply a soft shade of pink against her lips.

'Finished?' he asked in a low tone.
She gently rubbed her lips together and tilted her head slightly whilst studying her reflection, satisfying herself that her makeup was applied to its usual perfection.

'Finished.'

'Good.' He spun her around swiftly so she was facing him, inches away before impulsively claiming her lips. He brought his hand from her waist and laced his fingers through the ringlets in her hair.

'You're beautiful, you know that?' He released her from his passionate hold but kept his eyes locked on hers as her cheeks momentarily flushed a subtle crimson. She glanced behind Jacob and towards the mirror, her smile fading to be quickly replaced with an expression of annoyance.

Looking back to Jacob with her eyes widened and an eyebrow raised she replied, 'You're an idiot, you know that?'

He responded with a look of confusion and innocence but she knew exactly what he had intended. Sighing at him in an exaggerated manner she playfully pushed him out of the way and walked towards the mirror, attempting to resolve the chaos he'd created.

'Personally, I think this look suits you better,' he teased, assigning his arms to their earlier position.
'Is that so, Staff Nurse Masters?' She replied without looking at him but he could detect the amusement in her tone.

'Mmmm' he moaned, kissing her neck and then leaning his chin on her shoulder. She finally gave in and dropped the act, resting her head against his while she gazed at their reflection, admiring the sight before her.

She couldn't remember the last time she'd felt so at peace and the idea of this feeling becoming more permanent made her wholly content. She smiled warmly, losing herself in her newfound bliss.

'Sweetcheeks' He spoke softly, returning her from her trance.
'I think Grace is getting a little impatient.'

She frowned in confusion before hearing the continuous calling from her daughter which must have been lost in everything she left behind in her brief moment of tranquility.