Chapter Six: To Home We Go

Daniel's P.O.V.

All two girls jumped on Amber excitedly while Amber cried out some 'Owws' and 'Still hurts!'. Lia and Sapphire quickly removed themselves from their injured friend and she got up and tried to stretch. I heard many different pops and cracks from her bones. She sighed in relief and look around at her surroundings. Her eyes landed on my brother and I, she squinted in disgust, her smiling red lips turned into scowl.

"Why are we back here?" she questioned, venom spilling out of every word. Lia, who was very confused about all of this gave her a confused and innocent look.

"They helped save your life and you don't even say thank you? I thought you had better manners than that Amber Lee!" Lia scolded her friend whose face was turning beet red. She turned to her friend and looked at her in shock who still had the face of a scolding mother.

"You don't know what they did?! They're the ones -" I quickly clamped my pale hands over her mouth and sheepishly smiled and the other two girls. Lia simply looked confused while Sapphire seemed to be glaring into my soul. Sharp teeth dug into my hand and I snatched my hand away from Amber. I looked at it to see some droplets of blood drip out of the bite marks.

"Dude, you just got bitten by a girl!" Theo said to me, smirking underneath his hand. I glared at while wiping the blood on my black shirt.

"Do that again, next time I'll bite your hand off! As I was saying -" this time she was cut off by Sapphire. Sapphire dragged the her struggling friend out of the tent. I went to the tent's wall to eavesdrop, I mean, secretly listen (Amber: Same thing, you know... Me: Shut up!) to their conversation. Lia was about to listen as well but my brother quickly distracted her.

"I know that you hate those two but give them a chance. They did help save your life. Plus, they might know a way out of here." Sapphire explained.

"But-" 

"We need to get back and see to our other friends. Once we get back, maybe you can beat them up for what they did to Jason. In the meantime, play along and have some fun! They're actually quite fun!"

"Ugh, fine! But I am not going to have any fun..." The two girls re-entered the tent, one with a genuine smile and the other one with a painfully obvious fake smile. My brother sent me a questioning glance probably saying 'What did they say'. I quickly dismissed him with a wave of my hand telling him that I'll tell him later.  

"So, um, I know you guys want to get out of here so let us show you the way out." I said to the girls while my brother shook his head, not approving of my friendly behaviour. Then again, he was the one being mind-controlled but I'll talk about that later.

"How do you know that we want to get out of here?" Amber questioned, a suspicious look on her face. I gulped and chuckled nervously while scratching the back of my neck. She glared at me, knowing that I had been eavesdropping. She was about to say something but Sapphire pinched her side and she clamped her mouth shut, bitting her lip from whimpering about her pain. 

"Okay, show us the way out..." she said, gesturing with her hands. She looked down at her tan hands and screeched. I guess she didn't noticed the red marks still on her skin. Something told me that she wasn't going to get rid of those markings anytime soon (If you have a hard time picturing what those marks look like, think of the marks people get when they are struck by lightning). To me, though, she looked even cuter than before. But even though I kind of liked her, she had shown her hatred towards me so, yeah, no chance at all.

"What happened to my arms?! And my leg!? Oh no! Is it on my face?! Oh god, it's on my face! Great, just another excused to be teased for at school!" she yelled, breaking my train of thoughts. I looked at her to see Sapphire trying to explain to her what had happened while Lia was saying how the marks look completely awesome.

"Before I freak out anymore, let's get home." Amber said and walked out of the tent with the rest of us trailing behind her.