Chapter 18: The Reincarnation Project

Sapphire's P.O.V.

I woke up with my body suspended in some sort of bubble. Around me was blue liquid swirling and my hair seemed to be dancing around my head. I tried to moved but was unsuccessful. It felt like the liquid around me was actually made out of concrete, enabling me to move. I took a deep breath and I realized that I was able to breath in this strange liquid. My eyes widened remembering the thing that just happened. Attacking. Bullets. Chloroform. Nothing. 

I tried to examen my surroundings and saw a familiar body. Her raven black hair surrounding her head like a dark veil. Her clothes floated loosely from her small frame. The red veins from the poison was accented on her skin which was now as pale as snow. Her eyes were closed, making her look like a innocent young girl. Amber. 

My eyes study our surroundings to see that on a table in the distance laid our weapons. Great, defenceless!

"Well, look who's finally up..." a malicious voice said, his voice laced with amusement. I struggled to see who was talking but the purple liquid seemed to work against me. All I saw was a black blob standing in front of me. 

"What-what do you want with me?" I questioned, trying to sound confident. It obviously didn't sound like that because the shadow walked closer to the bubble waving around something silver. A dagger. 

"Nothing much." he stated calmly "Just you know the usual, your life, blood and soul." My eyes bulged out of their sockets, suddenly petrified. Seriously, was this guy joking or not. I glanced at the blurred man and guess not, by the the serious stance he stood in.

"Why? Why us?(role credits!)" I said. He laughed manically, his body shaking with laughter.

"It's nothing personal, you just happened to come along when my two boys were having their fun. When you appeared with your friend, it was a coincidence. Since we were needing two girls for the reincarnation project, they let you follow them." Boys? Reincarnation project? What? Thoughts flew through my head. My mind had thousands of Sapphires running around in my head, screaming incoherent things.

"What?" Was all I could say. 

"Oh honey, you confused? Well you see, your two 'friends', Theo and Daniel, are actually my sons. And the reincarnation project? Using one life, you can bring another two back alive. But you see, I don't want to bring a normal, ordinary human back to life. No no no! I want to bring one of the ancient creatures back to life! The hydra!" he exclaimed/explained. My mind went blank. Theo? Daniel? No, it couldn't be. 

"You're lying! You have to be!" I exclaimed, my body quivering despite the fact this liquid enabling from moving. 

"Am I?" he questioned. I froze. Maybe he was right. Theo and Daniel did have the power to stop us from following them. They seemed to know the two assassins from the ballroom and the 'Game Master', whoever he was, requested him back.

"Are you the 'Game Master'?" I asked. He chuckled before nodding his head. Suddenly, his hand shoved its was into the cement like liquid. In that hand was the silver dagger.

"Now for the blood..." the hand traveled to my face, the silver dagger glinting under the blue liquid. I desperately tried to move but the liquid seemed to freeze even more. The silver dagger stopped right above my left eye and...

Lia's P.O.V.

I charged out of the ballroom and flew to the portal on top of the hill. Unlike the last one, the portal's liquid was a sickly grey and the portal's ring was covered in sharp rocks, protruding from the ring in awkward and menacing positions. I heard shouting behind me to see the two twins trying to keep up with me. The two princes were carrying them, there pink, purple and white wings fluttering like crazy. But I didn't wait. I charged through the portal and landed on the other side, hard. Blood spurted from my injuries but I stood, despite the pain. My ripped clothes hung loosely around my shredded body.