Halo

NICOLE's POV
I woke up and let the puppies out for potty time. I fed them. Including the kittens.

I took a shower and did my business. I put mousse in my hair and washed my face and brushed my teeth. I got dressed in ripped jeans and my Mary Jane sweater. I put on some winter slippers and went down stairs. "Hey daddyyyyy" I said as if I were asking something "yes princess" he asked "do you need to go somewhere this morning?" I asked "well honey I was wondering if you wanted to go and get maybe a job?..." He asked looking at me as I raised an eyebrow "a job?" I asked as he nodded and chuckled "yes a job" I shrugged "sure why not" I said "first let's change that sweater" he said as I laughed and ran upstairs putting my school sweater on.

We got in my car as I drove around and up to the cities. I decided to do assistant nursing.

I walked in with dad and we filled out a job application. I had to show them what I learned in my last school. Dad was pretty impressed.

"So after school, for 3 hours if you get this job...for 3 hours at 7 until 10pm you must be here on time, you will practice driving mom here and back with this car. You can't be late. You must look presentable." He said looking at me sternly "yes sir" I smirked. About an hour they gave me a call. "Hey guys guess what" I smirked as they all looked up "hmm?" They asked "I'm an assistant nurse at the hospital up in the cities" they all cheered. "Oh hey guys who's hungry for pizza?" Mom asked as we all kept cheering. "Ok pizza it is" she said.

Basically all week we ate pizza, chicken wings and watched movies. Or went ice skating.

Dad and my brothers had to watch what they ate. In 6 months we send the puppies off for training. So we just played with them.

Tomorrow was Wednesday and dad and them left tomorrow for deployment. I slept in mom and dads bed and clung on to dad. When he woke up so did I.

By the time 5am rolled around it was time to leave for the airport. It was just a 30 minute drive. And back. I clung on to dad and by the time the gates closed with my brothers and dad I felt as if I were being taken away again. I clung onto diani as she carried me out while we were all crying.

I got home and taken a shower and bawled my eyes out. I got out and got into ripped jeans and slippers. I put on a no hooded sweater. I put my hair in a bun with no make up. Every other day was a half day for me and some other students because we were taking a drivers Ed test. We go from 8-12 ft classes then across the street 12-3 drivers Ed and then I have work today.

Right when I get home I have to change and get ready. Then I leave at 5 to get there in time since it's an hour away. My schedule is so busy now. But I earn $175 every week. But when summer comes around I'll be able to work full time so 12 to 10pm I'll be making $500 every week.

But when I'm out of that school I'll become an actual nurse 8am to 5-6 pm. 2 days off.

Right now I work 3 hours a day, $175 an hour so $525 a day. 3 days a week, $1,757 a week. 6,300 a month.

Once I'm out of school I'll become an actual nurse making $250 an hour. And 9 hours a day. So.

$2,250 a week which makes 9,000 a month.

Honestly I feel like I've made an improvement besides my behavior in school. I told Antonio my schedule and he said he understood.

Our attitudes changed and people started asking questions. The puppies were getting really big, it's the end of April so we only have 1 month of school left until I get to them when school starts I go back to work. I'm gonna have a lot of fun this summer.

I started wearing Ryan's dog tag, I kept reading his favorite book every chance I had.

Mom still kept my devices at 10. My window always ended up open every morning.

It was the last week of school and I had my drivers permit. By that time. Driving back and forth to work with moms help did a lot of work and I know how to drive now.

Me and Antonio became close. We gave each other a lot of shit. But we promise we'd never fall in love with each other. He's like my brother from another mother