Personal Jesus

Timothy 2:22 "Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart."

Adam dropped me off at our neighbour's house three doors down. I said my goodbyes and headed over to my personal hell: home. I walked in through the door and was greeted by my mother. "Hi Lily," she said meekly.

"Hi."

"Look sweetie we didn't do what we did to hurt you. We did what we did because we care about you."

"I know mom. I'm sorry I hid all those CDs from you." I said. I was obviously lying but I did what Adam said and kissed her ass.

"That's alright. You learned your lesson," she said reeking with condescension. "I know from now on, you're going to behave. Right?"

"Yes mom."

"That's my good girl," She said kissing me on the cheek. I walked upstairs to my room. It's causing me a lot of paranoia being in there, I feel unsafe. My phone buzzes in my pocket. It's Marilyn.

Marilyn: Hey, how have you been? I've been dying to see you.

Me: Not good.

Marilyn: Do you wanna come over and talk about it?

Me: Sure.

Marilyn: Alright, I'll pick you up. Two houses away as per usual.

Me: Alright, see you then :).

Marilyn: See you.

I sit in my room staring at the ceiling. My lack of experience makes me curiouser and curiouser. He has made it clear about his feelings towards me, but what does that mean? Where do we go from here? As I sat, I heard the hum of my phone vibrating on the bed beside me. I pick it up.

Marilyn: I'm here.

Me: On my way down.

I sneak down the staircase and at the bottom of the stairs is Mary-Katherine. "Just where do you think you're going?" she said, arms crossed.

"I'm going to Harper's to work on a project." I said.

"Mhm, ok." she said in disbelief, "Mom and dad told me about your secret CD collection. Just know I'm watching you very carefully."

"What's in it for you? Did they tell you to do that or are you just bored?" I said.

"Just behave."

"Or what?"

"I think you know what they're capable of and I'd hate to keep anything from them."

I gritted my teeth. It took me so much strength to hold myself back from retorting. "Understood," I said calming myself down. There was no point in responding with the same amount of vitriol as she was giving me. I have to be the bigger person. I have to somehow prove to my parents that I am a good, God-fearing individual, even though I have abandoned that persona long ago.

"Glad we had this talk, have fun hanging with Harper or whatever," she said as she went up the staircase.

I went out the door and found Manson waiting in his car patiently.

"Hey. I've been waiting, where were you?" He said.

"Eh, not important. Sorry I took so long. How are you?"

"I'm doing ok." He said pulling out of his parking spot. "I'm, uh, working on some new material. I'd love to show you sometime, considering you're a fan and all," he said. We reached a red light

"I'd love to hear it." I said, smiling at him. He caught my smile at the corner of his eye and looked at me.

"You know, you have a beautiful smile." He said looking at me. "I love the way your eyes light up when you smile. It's that light, that innocence I sometimes wish I still had." He said,

"I wish you could take this innocence away from me." I said, trying to flirt. I immediately regretted that as I said it as he smiled playfully at me after I said it. "Uhh sorry about that. Don't know what I was thinking." I said bashfully.

"I can't believe you said that" he said laughing deeply. The light in front of us turning green.

"Uh Marilyn." I said, the peach glow still lingering.

"What sweetie?" He said with a smug smile on his face.

"Th-the light. It's green" I said.

"Oh shoot" he said, suddenly driving forward. "you need to quit distracting me." I kept quiet for the rest of our brief ride. We arrived at his apartment. He opened the door and let me in first. I meekly sat on the couch, checking my phone. Nothing. Manson sits down next to me.

"Hey." I say, turning my phone off.

"So, what's going on?" He said, seduction dripping from every word, making my insides flutter.

"Uhh nothing really." I said, already losing my train of thought. "My, uh, parents found my CD collection."

"No." he said, pushing a strand behind my ear. I turn away from his beckoning glare.

"It's no big deal, I just gotta fly under the radar." I said with a sigh.

"Sounds like a big deal to me." He said, "you know if it gets too much to handle you can just call me."

"Really?"

"Mhm. You can stay with me for a bit I guess."

"Wow thanks. You're so sweet." I said blushing. He scoffed.

"Sweet. I'm not sweet." he said. "I'm bitter, like that sting you got from that swig of absinthe. I just try hard to act sweet to innocent little girls like you. But I'm not. Eventually I will destroy every fibre of your being. The very strings that keep your sweetness at bay, and you will become bitter like me. You will curse the day you ever laid eyes on me. Sweet, isn't it?"

I gulped. His words still ringing in my ears. "How will you do that?"

"Just you wait and see." He said. "But for now. Sweet."

"You're honestly scaring me," I said backing away.

"Don't be scared." He said moving closer, my eyes moving from his lips to his eyes.

"You want me to kiss you again, don't you?" He said, his breath tingling my lips.

"Yes." I said

He laid me down on the couch and kissed my eager lips.