Chapter 5: Harry's Book

Munching on old fashion Mike and Ike's. yum!

Ally's POV-

Ally's POV-

We got our schedules and they were very similar to last year's.
DA With Slytherin
History With Ravenclaw
Transfiguration With Hufflepuff
Lunch
Magical Creatures (With probably no one)
Potions with Slytherin
Charms With Ravenclaw
Herbology with Hufflepuff
Free Period

Alex and I of course signed up for the same classes so we headed off to DA after eating some toast. Hermione walked with us as Ron, Liam and Harry trailed behind. Last year, Hermione got O's in everything. Alex and I got O's in everything other than history. In History, we got E's.

Harry, Liam and Ron passed too. In DA, Snape was our teacher and taught us how to shield. Snape was happy with Alex and my shields charms. However he did not like Harry's whose was better than ours. Though Snape doesn't like Harry, ever.

*

(At Hagrid's)

"Oh...is this 'he class?" Hagrid asked.
"Yes! Can we go explore the Forbidden Forest?" Alex asked excitedly.
"Sure, 'ome on," Hagrid said, trying to erase all disappointment.
Alex and I looked at each other.
We both started texting.
Alex: OMG! Poor Hagrid...😕😕😕😕
Me: I no right!? How could they do this to him? 🙁😢😪😧
Alex: ☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️
Alex: 😭😢😂 Crying 4 Life!
Me: why is the last one happy?

Instead of answering she put her phone away into her bag. I decided to drop it and do the same. All the sudden we stopped. There were two Hippogriffs waiting for us. Buckbeak was sort of silver but these were sort of purple.

They were the same color but you could tell why. They were girls and Buckbeak was a boy

Their heads were green and then their stomachs where purple mixed with blue streaks. Their wings were the same color as the stomach.

They were beautiful.

"I 'ound them in the 'orest, untamed." Hagrid said.

*

We were walking to potions when we saw Ron and Harry running towards us.
"I thought you guys went taking potions?" Liam asked.
"Now we are," Harry said.
We walked to potions and Ron and Harry went to get a potions book from the cabinet.
Professor Slughorn started talking, "Welcome class. Now anyways, I have many potions around the room so please don't touch them or drink them. Now can anyone tell me what potion this is?"
Hermione, Alex and I rose our hands to the ceiling.
"Miss...?" He said.
"Granger. That's a love potion."
"And does anyone know how it draws you to drink it?"
Once again Hermione, Alex and I rose our hands.
"Miss...?" He said pointing at me.
"Crouch. It makes you smell things you like, like for me, chocolate ice cream, water from the black lake and broomstick cleaner."
Suddenly I thought about the last one. Broomstick cleaner? I thought I didn't like that smell.
Then I realized I had just told boys the smells I like. They had been trying to give me love potions last night.
This is just great.
Then Slughorn pointed at a small golden potion. "Anyone know what this one is? Miss..?"
"Black, and it's the potion of luck." Alex stated.
"Yes and you win it today by making the potion of drought."
We started to work on our potions. Mine wasn't looking too good. Harry's was excellent.
"How did you do that?" I asked Harry. His was already done.
He started telling me what to do and I did it. My potion ended up how it should've looked. I smiled at him.
Poor Hermione had horrible hair and hers still wasn't done. Alex's wasn't good but her hair still stayed in tact.

In the end, Harry and I won the challenge.
"Who should I give it to then?" He asked.
I smiled, "Give it to Harry, I just want to pass this class."
Slughorn smiled at me and handed the potion to Harry.

*

"Wait Harry? How did you know what to do?" I asked.
"Um I followed this."
He handed me his potions book.
Wait! This was cheating!
"Harry, you do know that is cheating, right?" I asked.
He shrugged.
Harry?!
"Harry, I wouldn't trust this book." I stated firmly.
Harry rolled his eyes, "it's just a book."
I groaned.