six

IT WAS THE TYPE OF HEART BEATING THAT MADE YOU NAUSEOUS. Because yeah, Lily was scared. As she walked up to Scott's lunch table, she listed how many things could go wrong. And there were many. Lilac could see Stiles with his back towards her, Malia next to him and Lydia facing her with Scott. There was Liam with a girl he was hugging and two other guys she didn't know. The air was chilly, and Lily immediately regretted bringing her thin sweatshirt instead of a thicker one.

Bloody he- Lily's thoughts were interrupted with a cheerful Liam who waved her over with a lot of enthusiasm.

"Hey guys." She shyly greeted the pack. Lily looked up to look at Malia and Stiles. Malia looked a bit uncomfortable, but Stiles smiled at Lily.

"Oh man, wow." One of the unknown guys said, looking at Lily with wide eyes. He seemed so nervous- "You are the Lilac Sky. I can't believe I'm talking to you."

Lilac blushed. The Lilac Sky? It wasn't like she was that important, I mean, to the world. What could a zombie girl give to the world while she had weekly therapy visits?

"I'm sure I'm just a Lily." The blonde said, smiling a bit at the dark haired boy.

As the boy was going to argue, the other stranger next to him cleared his throat and looked at Lily, "I'm Corey. And this" he motioned at the first boy "is Mason."

"Nice to meet you." Lily nodded at both of them, then looked at the girl, "you're Hayden, right?"

The girl, Hayden, nodded. Hayden flashed her a smile and continued eating her food, reminding Lily of her hunger. She looked around the table, and noticed there was no space left for her.

"Well, I think I'll go with uh-" Lilac felt herself at the verge of tears, "some friends from Maths class. They're at the library, I think I'll go there." She turned around and walked to the building.

Nobody called out for her.

AFTER SCHOOL, LILAC WAS WALKING OVER TO HER WEEKLY THERAPY SESSIONS. While she was about to cross the street where she'd turn right and see the hospital, she felt a tap on her shoulder, and turned to see a smiley Andrea.

The brunette grinned at her, "Where you going?"

"Weekly therapy sessions with Dr Chase." Lily explained, fixing her backpack.

Her backpack had ripped a little when she went into the library during lunch, the cloth got stuck to the door. Lily then tried to paste it with tape, since tape was usually a magical solution. Did it work? For five minutes. This left Lily feeling worse than she already felt. It was horrible that your backpack broke and you had to sit alone in the library. Lily didn't even enjoy the sushi she bought yesterday for today's lunch.

"Hm, well, I have a free hour before heading home," Andrea started, "Mind if I come with you?"

Lilac looked at her funny. I hope she knows she can't go inside, or maybe she doesn't know what therapy means. After thinking it over, Lily smiled at her new friend and nodded, "You can't go in the session with me, though."

"Doesn't matter!" The brunette flashed her a smile and continued walking with Lily.

They walked in silence for over three minutes when Lilac started feeling uncomfortable. Andrea started talking, "So you and Scott's friends, how close are you?"

"Um, they've been my friends since I got here, actually, since before I got here." Lies.

"And why didn't you sit with them in lunch? I saw you eating in the library."