Chapter 18

People went silent and turned to Zared.

'Today 10 men will show us what they are capable of. But only 3 of them will be able to meet their inner wolfs. Please stand back and enjoy the fight. Bring the prisoners!' Zared said and sat back.

Prisoners?! Don't tell me that all this time Mark has been living in that cave!.. It's been like a month or even more!!

Suddenly, a group of men walked into the ring with warriors watching over them. Some of them I already have met.

One of them said something and all ten men made a line in front of us. They all rose their heads to us and my eyes instantly locked with Mark's. I could see surprise in his wide eyes while he probably saw worry in mine.

'You will be paired up and fight with your opponent. These fights will be to the death and cheating results to instant death, am I clear!?' Zared asked and all of them nod.

'What are the rules?' I asked quietly.

'They can't help each other and use means to stun opponent for their advantage like sand' Zared quickly explained and I found Mark again. He had determined look.

To win or kill?..

Names were said and all men were paired up. Mark was in 4th pair and will fight, obviously, after first 3 pairs.

The first pair walked in and both men went to oposite sides. They stretched a bit and the fight began. Both were muscled up and looked like brutes. They started fighting and at first it was more like boxing. They were punching and kicked untill one of them fell. I squeezed the arm of the chair. I knew what was comming.

The man who stood smirked and placed his foot on the other's throat. And with one small puch he broke the neck. I saw pain and fear flash in laying men's eyes and he went limp. It didn't help that they were really close to us either.

First fight was over and I was already sweating like a water fall. I didn't like these events at all. I saw how the corpse was moved away and the second pair came into the ring.

It was the same. Some punching and kicking at first untill one of them fell to the ground. The second man punched into the laying man's chest breaking his ribs. He pulled his hand away drippimg with blood and grabbed the man's stomach.

A horrible sream went down the field. I watched horrified how laying man's stomach was ripped open and the winner dug into his intestines. Then he began pulling one organ after another. Liver, blader, kidney and another kidney.

I couldn't watch. I felt my breakfast coming up and fast. I turned away and tried to keep everything inside of me. My eyes landed on Zared and I felt like crying.

He was enjoying it. I could see his eyes bright with excitement and small smile tugged his lips.

'You look pale, Ary' I heard Ross' voice by my side bringing my attention to him.

'I think I should have brought the bucket' I murmured and heard a chuckle.

'You really aren't good with human's insides, huh?' He asked.

'And to think I was studying this shit for three years' I said and glanced to the man. The ring was clean except for a red spot where the corpse was.

'You studied how to fight?' Zared asked and looked at me.

'No, I studied the killers way of killing in order to help people, who are watching our safety and order between people, to catch those killers and punish them' I explained.

'So why are you so pale and about to puke?' He asked and I glared at him.

'Because I don't sit in a fighting pit and don't watch how innocent people are killed. I was learning how to stop the death not enjoy it. Now please, leave me alone before I puke all over you' I said with my voice weak at the end and turned my attention to the ring. I cought a small smile in Zared's lips before 3rd pair came, but I dropped the subject.