9

When both of them turned around Lucy's eyebrows scrunched together.
"Loke, what are you doing here?" Lucy asked, confused.
"Oh just looking out for my little sister after all when you're out on a date with your future husband I have to make sure it is all going good" Loke smiled.
"And the other reason?" Rufus asked, making Loke's face drop from a happy look to a serious look.
"I wished that this was just a social visit, Lucy-hime but this is not, the celestial king sent a message," Loke said, passing over a golden scroll and Lucy opened it up and looked at it, her eyes hardening.
"Rufus I hate to do this but I will have to cut our date short, there is trouble" Lucy sighed, she was really enjoying this date.
"What sort of trouble?" Rufus questioned.
"Seems Zeref thinks he is going to get his hands on my world or dimension or whatever you want to call it" Lucy said.
"How much trouble is it if he gets it?" Rufus asked worriedly.
"All creatures good, bad and dark live or their spirits do, Gods, fairies, dragons, celestial spirits everything. If we don't stop him he will control them all" Lucy explained and Rufus and Loke sucked in a breath seeing who was behind Lucy.
"What do you mean dragons?" a voice yelled, a voice Lucy didn't want to hear.
"What the hell are you doing here Natsu?" Loke growled out with a glare at the salmon haired dragon slayer.
"Trying to get Lucy back and away from that Sabertooth member they must have put a spell on her to make her turn against Fairy Tail" Natsu glared and the two Sabertooth members and spirit sweat dropped at that. Was he truely that dense and stupid?
"There is no spell on me you are completely stupid, I am like this because fairy tail destroyed who I was. I put all my trust in you guys, I would have died to protect you guys but you guys betrayed me" Lucy yelled letting the pure hurt and agony out for once, making Natsu flinch back.
"You broke that trust, you broke Lucy making her put herself back together without help. Because of that there are pieces still missing therefore Lucy will never be the same Lucy she once was. But that is fine I will love and cherish her just the way she is missing emotions and all," Rufus declared hugging Lucy close, slightly afraid she would go back to Fairy tail.
"You don't have to worry Rufus, I will never go back to them. They beat and broke me and  I will never forget that but I will forgive them" Lucy said and Rufus grabbed her hand in a death grip while Natsu beamed.
"I knew the Lucy we knew was there" Natsu grinned.
"Don't get me wrong Natsu, I am only forgiving you because it is pathetic to hold myself back with hate. Why should I bother with you and that guild when I have Rufus and my guild? While fairy tail broke me Sabertooth fixed me, they showed me that not everyone is out to hurt me, they showed me the truth of love" Lucy smiled properly for the second time since she had met Sabertooth as she remembered the times Sabertooth had given her. Sting and Rouge had jumped out the window of the train for Luna and Suna, Olga had made a song for her, Minerva was like a big sister while Yukino was like a twin sister that Lucy shared everything with. Since Yukino was also a celestial wizard she understood things others didn't, everyone in the guild had their own memory that Lucy remembered them by. Finally there was Rufus, there were so many memories with him, from having casual lunches to staying up all night in the guild talking about the latest book or going on missions or even talking strategy. 

"I see," Natsu said, looking down before looking up with a grin.
"Fairy tail is about family and nakama you know? We're fools, idiots even, if I was you I wouldn't come back either, I think I understand we will leave you alone now" Natsu promised and Lucy and Rufus were shocked.
"We really screwed up and lost our star but for some reason, she chose to be Sabertooth's star now so Rufus....Take care of her because we were too late to realize our star had dimmed" Natsu said patting Rufus on the shoulder before leaving not turning back as he walked off.
"I never would have thought Natsu would act like that to give up," Loke stated, a little shocked.
"I guess in the long run everyone grows up some time" Rufus said with his arm around Lucy's waist.
"How long before he attacks Loke?" Lucy asked, remembering why Loke had come.
"You should have three weeks," Loke told them and she nodded.
"I will plan the attack while still going to the GMG's, I will stop him" Lucy said.
"No" Rufus said and Lucy and Loke looked at him in shock.
"We will deal with him" Rufus smiled and Lucy nodded.
"Well I best be on my way back, I will see you guys later, try not to have too much fun" Loke teased, waving as he disappeared back to the other world.
"Now we have to train to take on Zeref, win the GMG's as well as save a world. Does seem so hard, you will have us with you all the way so don't worry for now let's head back" Rufus decided leaning down and kissing Lucy before holding her hand as they walked to the hotel they were staying with the rest of the team. 

When they walked in both Lucy and Rufus grabbed their mouths to stop the laughter. Luna, Suna, Frosch and Lector were all curled up in their cat beds asleep. Sting was on the couch in only his boxers with Rouge on his chest with no shirt on and Sting was holding Rouge around his waist to keep him there as they slept peacefully.  Rufus and Lucy crept past them heading to Lucy's room where they stood at the door.
"So the date went well" Rufus said fiddling with his hat that he had taken off.
"It really was the best date I have ever been on.....It doesn't have to end here if you don't want to, want to come in?" Lucy asked, smirking and Rufus grinned as he threw his hat on the chair of the room before being pulled into a kiss as he slammed the door shut with his foot. 

The next morning dawned bright and early as Lucy sighed and nuzzled closer into Rufus's bare chest trying to stop the light from shining on her face.
"Morning" Rufus whispered, kissing her head.
"Morning, as much as I wish to stay like that we have to get to the arena for the games. Not that there will be anything interesting happening, hopefully after they end we will talk to the others so that we can train" Lucy whispered back and Rufus paled.
"You're not going to put us through the training like before are you?" Rufus questioned weakly and Lucy chuckled before shaking her head.
"No we will each have our own trainer that I'll assign so it won't be as bad come on up" Lucy chuckled, kissing Rufus gently before getting up to start getting dressed, throwing Rufus's clothes to him so he could get dressed as well.