Shopping Trip

Hey guys! Sooooo... Congrats on making over 125 views! I knew you could do it.  OMG! Thanks so much for OVER 200 views. The second update is not going to be as long as normal.  I normally write the chapters somewhere around 1,000 words, but the second update will only be about 800 words. The second update will be up later today! Uhh... Enjoy!
------------------
Maxon POV
...Mall!" [If you didn't understand that, that was Maxon finishing his sentence, from the last chapter.]
Finally, we have decided we are going to go to this fancy mall about 35 minutes away. I am going to look for shoes and America doesn't really care, but there are these street shoes she wants, that I might consider getting her. They are way too casual for my liking though... I think I am going to get them for her.  America and I go upstairs to grab our stuff to go the the mall.  I, personally, do not like America's shirt.  That is not true.  She loves me so much!  I have a feeling America wore that shirt today, just to mess with me.  We finally gathered up our stuff.  America runs down the stairs and has to run back up, because she left her purse sitting on the bed.  I grab the keys and get into the black car that's sitting in the driveway.  Just to annoy America I honk the car horn.  "Maxon!" She screams at me, "You scared me to death!"
"Well... you're still breathing, walking and yelling, so... I'm pretty sure you're still alive." I say sarcastically.
"Shut up, let's just go to the mall," America sighs.

America POV
After what feels like forever, we finally get to the mall. The first thing I do when we go in, is take Maxon's hand and pull him all the way to the casual shoe store, Bare Soles. Maxon gives me a look that says, 'Really America?' Then I flash him a grin that says, 'Yep!'
I spot the pair of shoes that I really want and hold them up for Maxon to see. He shrugs his shoulders and walks over. "I mean if you really want, I can buy them for you..."
My mouth drops open and hangs there. "Really?!" I ask, like Maxon just offered me 1,000 Ilios. (I couldn't think of a very good name for their currency of money.)
"Why not?" Maxon says as he finds a worker to help us.
"How can I help you?" The worker says.
"Um... Can I get a pair of these shoes in a size 7 and 1/2?" I ask shyly, gesturing to the shoes.
"Sure thing! Also... Aren't you King and Queen of Illéa?" She says.
Maxon and I look at each other, "Yeah, um, we're on our honeymoon and um, we wanted to come to the mall," I quietly stutter out of my mouth. 
The worker curtsies and says, "I will have the shoes right out, Your Majesty."
Maxon turns to look at me, as I do the same.  We immediately cover our mouths to stifle the sound of our laughs. 
The worker comes back in about 5 minutes, with my shoes.  I try them on and they fit perfectly.  I take them off and put the back in the shoebox, making sure to carefully wrap them back up in the thin, blue tissue paper that they were wrapped up in.  Maxon takes them out of my hands and I follow him to the checkout counter.  Maxon pulls out his wallet, handing over 25 Ilios. The cashier hands him back 2 Ilios, thanking us.  Maxon takes my hand as we walk out.  Maxon goes over to a map and we have to go up a flight of stairs, to get to the shoe store he wanted to go to, Natural Adventure. 
He walks in, me following behind him  and we go over to the work section of the shoes.  All of these shoes are too... uptight, too formal.  I'd rather just wear casual clothes all day.  Maxon finally finds a pair of shoes of his liking after about 20 minutes of looking. He tries them on and makes them look hot.  I don't know how he manages to do that.  He could probably wear a potato sack and make it look hot and gorgeous.  Well, anyways he likes them, I like them, we buy them, we leave. 
I want to head to the food court.  It's been awhile since I've eaten a greasy burger. At the palace you have only fancy food and I guess greasy burgers don't make the cut. I convince Maxon and we walk over to a shop called Fred's Fun House. It has burgers, hotdogs, chips, soda, milkshakes and fries, all things Maxon and I shouldn't be eating. I ordered a medium strawberry milkshake, no whipped cream, with a cheeseburger, no mustard. Maxon orders a burger, with lettuce, tomato, mayo and pickle and lemon lime soda. I pull out my wallet and give the cashier 10 Ilios and she gives all them back to me, "It's on us, Your Majesties." The cashier says, curtsying.
"Um... Thanks?" I I respond, slightly confused. Maxon and a walk away and start heading over to a table. I see a flash of red hair on a younger girl,. I that May? The girl with red hair, probably about 12 or 13 and a 3, stops us and says, "I knew you would win, America." I was puzzled. Then, I realized she was talking about The Selection. I immediately recognize her as the girl at the airport, when I was flying into Angeles. She had this poster that said, 'Red heads rule!' "Oh my gosh!" I say, "You're the girl with the 'Red heads rule!' poster! What's your name?"
Her jaw drops open. "You remember me?! Also, my name is Lyla," She says in awe.
"Lyla," I say, testing out the name, "I like it. Very elegant. Well, we should we going. Bye, Lyla!"
"Bye, Queen America and King Maxon!" Lyla yells after us.

Maxon POV
I have no idea who that girl was. America does though... As soon as she calls bye, we get some heads turning towards us. America suggests we take our food in the car, before we get swarmed with people. We grab our food and walk quickly and discretely out to the car. We get in the car. America climbs around the car pulling up all of the window shades. We get buckled and head off with our food and our shoes. America and I get home in around 45 minutes, due to traffic.
------------------
Hi! Thanks for reading! Please continue to vote, comment, follow! The second update will be up sometime in the afternoon! Bye!
P.S. I will take suggestions, ideas and requests.  Just comment!
💖Paige