Chapter 9: In the Process /Colors/

"There you go! All done." Came the happy call of the doctor before you.

Examining the doctors work, Izaya gave a nod "Another job well done Shinra" 

Sitting next to Izaya, you took a quick look at his (now stitched) injury and happily nodded in satisfaction. 

"Amazing!" you declared 

The medical field had always interested you, so seeing a doctor at work up close in person was very exciting to you. At first you were a bit skeptical and suspicious of the doctor before you. How was he acquainted with Izaya? He was rather silly and annoying, at least from what you've seen.  

//earlier//

"WHAAAA!! Izaya?! Why is there such pretty girl with you?! You didn't kidnap her did you???"

Your ear drums were assaulted the minute the door opened. 

Before you stood a man wearing a white coat and glasses. At first he looked confused however his expression quickly changed, triggering the outburst.

"No, he didn't kidnap me! What kind of a question is that?! And anyway! We're here because Orihara-san is injured!"

You shot back at him.

"Oh?" He looked to Izaya who stood there looking annoyed.

"Is that all?........Then I guess you can come in"
He seemed reluctant to open the door which annoyed you a little.

"Aren't you a kind soul" stated Izaya sarcastically, walking into the home.

//

"Well then Shinra" Izaya got up off the couch and dusted off his pants "I thank you for another job well done, and if I am in need of more assistance I'll be sure to contact you" he gave the doctor a small side smile and began to head towards the door. 

standing up as well, you bowed your head in thanks to the man before you, and followed after Izaya.

"Hey" you heard someone call out to you. Shinra had his medial kit in hand and faced you. 

"It's none of my business what you're doing with Izaya, or how you're involved with him, but be cautious." he adjusted his glasses on his face. " Also if you need anything taken care of medically feel free to comeback if you need to." he said with a smile on his face. 

"Shinra" came Izaya's voice form the open entrance door "what's the hold up?"

"Thank you very much" you gave another bow and proceeded to make your way towards Izaya. 

/////

The two of you walked in silence for the second time today. He wasn't very chatty on the way to Shinra's home either, and it made you more than a little nervous. 

"Your friend is quite the character, I can tell he's a good person." 

He gave a small chuckle. "I guess in some terms he can be considered a 'good' person, however that can be said about anyone. Even he has his darker side" 

His words struck a cord with you. He was absolutely right. This in turn made you wonder 

"What does your darker side look like?" he stopped walking and faced you. It was then that you realized you had asked the question out loud.

His face was serious for a moment, then he gave you a small smirk. He continued to walk up ahead as you fell a bit behind. 

"I don't think you're ready to see that just yet." 

At the sound of his voice, you slowly followed behind him. You were't exactly sure what it was, but there was something that pulled you towards the man before you. He was mysterious, charming, and very intimidating. You were a bit curious as to what he meant by "just yet"

Did he plan to show it to you eventually? That thought made you stop again. [Do I wanna see it?] you wondered. You'd be lying if you said you weren't attracted to the man before you. 

Stuck in your thoughts you failed to notice Izaya turn back to look at you once more. He closed the gap between the two of you, without making a sound. Studying your face as he did so.

Your eyes weren't focused on anything, you were just staring blackly in his direction. Arms firm at your side. The only noticeable thing you were doing, was slightly biting your lower lip.

Izaya stood before you, and with his thumb; he gently pulled your bottom lip away form the assault your teeth were giving it. This in turn brought you out of your thoughts. 

Your eyes went up to meet his crimson gaze, it was then that you realized how close he was. You also notice the warmth of his hand cupping our face, and the feel of his thumb brushing at your lower lip. 

He leaned down coming closer to you and you instinctively craned your neck upwards in order to meet him half way. Locking your lips with his in a Kiss. You don't know how long it lasted, or if he had his eyes closed along with yours. All that was clear to you was Izaya and his body so close to you, and the warmth you felt from him. 

Breaking wasy form the kiss and taking the time to breath, you locked eyes with him, and there was no doubt in your mind now. The answer to all your Questions, was yes. 

*A/N*

Dear god Almighty. How long has it been since I attempted to write out this chapter? lolololo Im really sorry everyone for the delay. However!! I am also very grateful to all of you who have been asking me to update and all the votes I've been getting. Honestly it's all thanks to you guys that I decided to come and update this XD So again thank you so much. 

I plan to end this story within the next maybe 5 chapters? probably. just gotta get all my thoughts together. 

Also whoop!!! izaya kissed reader chan!!! :0000000000

dun dun duuuuuuuuun 

till next time guys ^^