espio the chameleon

You were training hard. Being a ninja wasn't easy stuff, but when your crush is your teacher, focusing on posture and such is harder than usual. You were learning how to throw a shuriken into a tree, and you just couldn't seem to aim properly.

You kept at it until you felt someone's body behind you, and you quickly turned around as Espio materialized in front of you. A sigh of relief escaped your lips as you went back to fixing your aim, but you were more self conscious because Espio was now watching you.

Espio slowly shook his head as he pressed his body onto your back, his hands guiding your body. You felt your cheeks heat up as he slowly stepped back. "Now, throw," he said.

You and Espio were very close, but you felt like if you told him about your secret feelings for him, it would ruin your friendship. You sighed once more and threw the sharp piece of metal, excitedly jumping as it hit the tree.

"Thanks, Esp!" You yelled, turning around to hug him. You tilted your head to the side as you noticed he wasn't there. "Espio? Where are you?" You questioned, starting to move around.

"I could be anywhere," you heard him whisper to your left. You turned; no one there. "But what you fail to realize, dear (y/n)," he whispered once more, as you felt his hand move your (h/c) hair out of your eyes and behind your ear. "Is that I am always with you,"

You felt a pair of lips on your own, as you saw Espio appear in front of you for a split second before you closed your eyes. He gently wrapped his arms around your waist as you traced the heart pattern on his chest with your fingers.