A Variety of Jellybeans

"So...." AJ lets her sentence trail with her eyes to where Jackson once was, "He looks nice." Sasha sips some of her tea. "Potential love interest?"

"Sorry, that's not what I called you here for." She ends up snapping and it shocks April.

"Well, sorry. I'll just keep my mouth shut."

"No," The Boss sighs, "I-I didn't mean to just pop off like that. It's just- there's been a lot on my mind." She apologizes, AJ nodding in understanding.

"Hopefully we can clear some things up, today then."

"Right." Sasha breathes. "About that kiss, I honestly have nothing to say. I'm not sorry. Not in the least bit, I don't regret kissing you. I just, know your situation with Nicole and shit and ugh- my pride won't let me continue nor stop." AJ motions for her to continue, "I want you. I like you. I want to snatch you from Nicole and keep you for myself but I can't do that. My pride, it's stupid. Telling me to take you, but I don't want my dignity to be tarnished, like I was some home wrecker or whatever."

"What is your heart saying?"

At that question Mercedes stops thinking. "It wants you. I want to kiss you again. I wanna make you smile, and be the one waking up to see your face in the morning. But I can't. You have someone else doing that instead and you told me that."

April nods, "I did. So what now?"

"I just wanted to get it all off of my chest."

"Do you now have closure? Because I really like you, Mercedes. As a friend, of course."

"Way to put salt in the open wound."

"Sorry. Just, I'm in love. Happily so and this same thing almost happened between Saraya and I."

"Wait a minute. Paige had a thing for you- well wait that's pretty obvious."

AJ frowns, "How?"

"Bullshit! You mean to tell me you've never noticed her giving you heart eyes, checking you out, swooning whenever you came near, none of that?" To that April feels embarrassed.

"....No."

Sasha's eyes widen as she exhales almost like a laugh, "Wow, you are as dense as a fucking rock."

"Hey! Am not!"

"Everyone knew Paige had a thing for you, AJ. Everyone. Hell I thought you did too, grabbing her ass at WrestleMania and shit."

"No, that was like a friendly pat, like football players." Mercedes dead pans. Seeing the woman's now blank face AJ raises her eyebrows, "What?"

"Bitch we're too small to be playing football. That's a sad excuse. Be honest! This'll stay between us only, it's only right for friends to have secrets. Did you have a thing for Paige too? Or was it one sided?"

AJ sighs before answering, "Once upon a time, yes. I did."
_______

Phzznix Says : OOP

So it's been revealed that AJ used to have feelings for the Anti-Diva! Brie opens up to Nicole more about her relationship with Roman and Daniel, and I think I may make Jackson a recurring character in this. Should I make a spin off book about Brie/Roman/Daniel? I feel like I don't get to delve into them as much as you guys like since AJNikki is the focus.
_________

"Wow, you look really pretty." The younger Bella greets her twin, glad for once that the Total Divas filming crew wasn't following. Some people in the restaurant recognize them but don't engage the duo, and for that they're grateful.