Last time

"Stuck in a metal tube
I sit and stare at you
You seem to look through me
I wonder what you see"

The Best Today - Keaton Henson

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

The stress of the christmas season was finally over and so was new years, Youngjae and Jaebum spent their last seconds of the year together, entering a newer year and new wonderful moments will be made. Hopefully, of course. But nothing would change, Jaebum knew this. Youngjae was as attached to Jaebum as Jaebum was to him.

It was all so very perfect.

The couple was currently walking on the icy sidewalks on their way back to Youngjae's. The weather was getting colder and skies grayer as January began but Jaebum still liked it. The two of them held hands as they walked the streets, earning odd stares from the people around them but of course, they ignored it. Only them mattered.

Eventually Youngjae's apartment buildning appeared in front of them, and the two of them stepped inside, letting the warmth surround them.

They didn't do much that evening. They just were with each other and that was always enough. They just kissed and cuddled and were.

Youngjae's bed was even warmer because of the couple laying in it. Youngjae's eyes were closed, Jaebum couldn't tell if he was awake or not, though, he still kissed his cheek and hand. Youngjae were so pretty like this, Jaebum thought, late at night when the onnly light sweeping across his face is from the moon and street lights. It gave Youngjae have different shades of blue and yellow illuminating his face. his skin looked like honey, so soft it could be mistaken for silk.

"Youngjae?" Youngjae didn't answer Jaebum but the latter still spoke once more in such a quiet whisper it was barerly audible.

"I love you."

• • •

Jaebum woke up by a rustle of bedsheets, and the first thing he saw when he opened his eyes was Youngjae, walking over to the big closet in the corner of his bedroom.

"What are you doing?" Jaebum asked as Youngjae took out a medium-sized box out of the closet. When Jaebum spoke, he stopped, and put the box back into the closet, closing it quickly. "Nothing." Jaebum was too tired to argue, he just closed his eyes and turner around in bed. Since today was one of his free days, he could sleep more.

But suddenly, a weight was thrown upon Jaebum and he immedietly knew it was Youngjae who had layed himself onto the older male. Jaebum opened his eyes in surprise, his lips curled at the corners as he saw the bright smile plastered onto Youngjae's face. His eyes were a bit puffy, most likely from sleeping, Jaebum didn't want to think of any other alternatives right now, instead he placed kisses all over Youngjae's face, making him giggle. Jaebum found it adorable.

"Jaebum, come on I want breakfast!" Jaebum was still kissing all over Youngjae's pretty face, making it hard for Youngjae to speak properly since he was laughing so much.

"Okay." Jaebum answered with a dissapointed voice, and pouted childishly. "Stop being so dramatic Bummie." Youngjae gave Jaebum another soft, slow kiss on the lips before strolling away to the kitchen.

During breakfast they just talked, about this and that, dreams they've had recently. well, mostly Jaebum on that part.

Afterwards, they got dressed and walked outside, because it was saturday, and the field had become a sort of habit. If they didn't go to the field on saturday, everything seemed out of place and as if something was missing. So, they brought some hot drinks and started walking into the snow-covered forest.