Words

"Take from me
Whatever you want
Whatever you need
But lover
Please stay"

Lover, Please Stay - Nothing but Thieves

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Day five.

Five days ago.

Five days without waking up to see the face of a sleeping beautiful angel named Choi Youngjae. It felt almost absurd, to not hear his loud laugh that would annoy most people, but to Jaebum, it was more beautiful than any song he had ever heard. Even after just five days, his life seemed gray and plain without Youngjae in it. At first, Jaebum had wanted to scream, when he found the note, and he still wants to scream, and it's alomst as if he does exept for the quietness.

It was odd living without Youngjae. He was so bright, shining, so heavenly and gorgeous and ever other word that means only good. Because despite everything, Youngjae was still good.

At first Jaebum had called Youngjae almst constantly, sending messages, but of course no response came and he gave up trying.

Jaebum had deceided, that after fivr days of being locked inside his apartment, thinking abut Youngjae, it was time to leave his room and go to work. Jackson had called a lot but Jaebum didn't answer. Naturally, he didn't want to make Jackson worry, but if he answered he would most likely break down again. Because it wasn't Youngjae he was talking to, and that fact was painful. 

The clock read 6:31 am, Jaebum had not tried to fall asleep, he knew he wouldn't, he knew the consequences  but still Jaebum didn't care if he was tired out of his mind at work, he would probably quit soon enough, it didn't matter. 

Almost regretfully, Jaebum slowly rose frm his laying position in bed to a sitting one, groaning as he looked at his dirty and messy surrounding. Dirty clothes where scattered everywhere, and small boxes of takeout food we're laying everywhere, making the room have a smell of old food, the air was damp and uncomfortable.

Leaving the shaded room and entering the bathroom, Jaebum felt weak, his leg muscles felt like jelly when he took another step,  bottles of beer and such were scattered here and there and thus he was not exactly in good health. But just for today he would be sober, he had promised himself so, and Jaebum is a keeper of promises even if they are for himself.

Jaebum's bathroom was just as dirty - but not as smelly - as his bedroom, dirty underwear and towels we're covering the floor, they were all wet from when Jaebum had showered and somehow gotten water all over.

Jaebum stared at himself in the mirror, his eyes where red and big bags had formed under them, faint blue veins crept all over Jaebum's face, his hair was tousled and wore a smell of sweat. Deciding to wash his hair, Jaebum put the shower on, grabbing the shower head and then craning his head downwards, towards the bottom of the bathtub. He put the water on and let it pour over his head, the warm, comfoting feeling blocked out the sense of coldness that had spread through his body in the past few days. It put Jaebum at some kind of ease.

After the short lived 'shower' Jaebum strode of to the kitchen to make himself some tea. The tea was finnished and drunken shortly, and Jaebum got dressed - without caring about his appearance - and finally left for work.

The weather was slowly turning warmer, the snow covering the streets melted away during the day but new snow re-covered the ground but only a thin layer. What did not melt during the day was the ice under the snow, Jaebum walked slowly and carefully to the coffee shop, careful not to slip on the hard ice. After minutes of this, Jaebum finally arrived at the known Coffe shop, sighing deeply, Jaebum opened the door and entered.