Chapter One

I have to be honest with you. This Halloween party was one of the best parties I’ve ever been to. The place was decorated completely. There was stuff that popped out at you; things that were hanging from the ceiling, and other creepy stuff. I wasn’t exactly allowed to come to this party but I REALLY wanted to. My parents are out of town, anyways. I’ll be back before they know it.

I was a vampire this year. I put on red contacts, put fake, realistic looking blood dripping from my lips, and made my skin look pale. The best part about my costume is that I have fake fangs in that I always saw people have. A black costume to it all and I was good.

“EVERYONE!” My friend Natasha yelled. We all looked at her in amusement. She was standing on a chair so everyone could hear and see her.

“It’s time for the scavenger hunt! No partners this time!”

“What? Why not?” I questioned.

“I was getting to that. All of you will only be searching for one thing instead of a list of things. You’ll be searching for a small box hidden in the woods. If you find the box, the prize is inside of it. Good luck, everyone!”

I rushed out of the door along with everyone else. I’m curious of what’s in there. It was pretty cold out, but I didn’t mind. We walked to the woods and went our separate ways. It’s almost dark out, so I better hurry up.

I looked all over the woods and couldn’t find anything. There were leafs all over the place along with a few branches. I huffed and decided to give up. I walked around the woods and tried to find my way back. Oh great. It’s dark, too. Can this get any better? I pulled out my phone and began to type in my passcode before I heard a rustling of leafs. What was that? Strong wind suddenly hit me as if something flew past me quickly. Now I’m scared. I’m alone, it’s dark, and I’m lost. I looked down at my hands and expected to see my phone. It wasn’t there, though. Did I drop it? I patted the floor frantically, desperate to find my phone. I just had it! How can it be gone just like that? A few chuckles filled the air and I stood up immediately.

“Who’s there?” I turned in circles and stopped when I saw a glimpse of a figure in the moonlight. Is that who’s scaring me? Another figure suddenly showed up beside him. Then another, and another, and another. To make this scarier, they surrounded me in a circle and left me in the middle. One of them took a few steps toward me. I looked at him terrified, and then started to realize what’s happening.

“Uh, nice costume,” I nervously said. The boy had blood red eyes and made himself pale. He chuckled and examined my costume.

“Are you supposed to be a vampire? His deep voice asked.

“Yeah.. What are you supposed to be?” He looked at the others who took steps toward me. I can now see all of them. The one I was talking to had curly hair. I slowly spun to look at the others. One boy had blonde hair, another had brown hair that was a bit short, another had dark brown/black hair, and the last one had hair that was sort of swept to the side. Wow. They’re all pretty attractive and hot.

“We’re hot?” The curly haired boy smirked.