The Day in the Life of an Old Legend

"My God, it's already been 40 bloody years?" The old man thinks to himself. 

He sits there in subtle awe, stunned...perplexed? Possibly. But most of all, the man felt bittersweet about his situation. 

"It felt like it was just yesterday." He thinks. 

Hit records, parties, drugs and alcohol, Woodstock, Monterey Pop, festivals, that initial first hit in America, The final decision on what to name his band, the new drummer, playing with his brothers, the forming of a band; the birth of something incredible and irreplaceable. 

It's been decades since the drummer died, and it's only been 4 years since the bassist died. Nobody likes to think about these things, but sometimes people just can't help it. The old man dwelled on this for a bit, and he just couldn't believe that half of his brothers are stardust. 

The sunlight is blaring through the window pane, as the man squints and thinks about this, nostalgia filling in his light blue eyes. 

Writing, recording, mixing, performing, practicing...has the ongoing cycle finally ceased? 

This thought puts the man in a slight panic. 

"You know what? I'm going to make a new record. Screw it!" He says aloud.

He rushes to the phone immediately and calls his only brother that is left. 

They record together just like old times, and they release a record called "Endless Wire".

"It feels just like yesterday", the man thinks again. He looks over at his brother, his brother looks at him, smiling. 

The man lets everything out in psychotic strumming and windmills on the guitar.

"Man, it feels just like yesterday". He thinks.

Nostalgia fills the man's eyes again, but this time, he is truly happy.