/19/ Memories, where'd you go

Naegi's POV

We leaned in closer

Ouch!

We bumped our heads and we both laughed.

Oh how sweet to see that smile again.

Again.

Again? I saw that smile before...

I was close to remembering where I saw that sweet smile when Junko's laugh interrupted my thoughts.

Upupupu~

I see you've out done me. Don't worry, ya'll got 14 more executions to do! Nyahahaha

Mukuro's face was blank, not minding the bruises on her sides. But I did.

Ey Mukuro! We should bring you to the clinic!

Eh? Nah, that's okay Naegi-kun. I can manage, said an obviously hurt Mukuro.

But Mukuro-san! You can't go on like that! Naegi, Kirigiri, Sakura and I will continue, said an ever-cheerful Aoi.

We insisted but Mukuro just wrapped her bruises with duct tape.

So we continued on to the next "execution"

*insert all other executions here I will put them all after the book as bonus chapters*

All of us were weary. Kirigiri-san was drenched with sweat some scratches. Aoi had a couple of bruises and a some burns but not serious. Ogami suffered from a sprained ankle and some scratches. Mukuro suffered the most, having bruises and scratches, even a broken arm. I had some burns and a gash to my cheek, and it was all worth it.

We told everyone that we finished the executions but we sent Mukuro to the clinic first.

All of us were glad. We had survived. We brought Mukuro out of the clinic, cast and all, but she smiled and she looked proud of herself, and so were we.

"Bravo, Ms. Ikusaba!",said a grinning Ishimaru

We all just smiled. I looked at Kyoko and she just smiled. I brush my hand over hers and she responded by holding it, making me red in the face.

Aoi was hugging her rather large friend, Sakura, both looking very pleased to have finished what seemed an impossible task.

Suddenly, a loud voice that filled the gym ruined the mood.

Ahhhhhhhhhh

Such despair!

I don't know how you hope-filled people win.

WHY is it always you?

Despair shall never win, I'm afraid. And I do not wish to end my life. No, not yet. You guys, you have yet to show me the wonders of h-hope. Y-yes, h-hope.

Everyone was shocked by Junko's change of mind. In fact, we were all speechless.

Mukuro was first to speak.

No! You don't deserve forgiveness! They still have no memory of their past 2 years!

Junko only laughed

Oh, alright then. Fine, explore the outside world! Come on. You'll know what it is like, now that I've tainted it with Despair!

Everyone was silent. Then Kyoko spoke up.

Toko.

What?, I asked Kyoko

Genocider would know. She was there too. Her memory is still intact, said Kyoko