Epilogue

A/N 

Hello eyeryone! How are you all???  Busy?

Aww! I thought I'd have a hearty conversation with you!  Anyways, I'll make it quick!

1. This is the LAST chapter of this book!

2. It is in Adora's point of view. YOu remember her ? Kylie and Ron- the investigating officers- are her parents. The girl our protagonist saved.

#. I've tried to make it lengthy and given hints about Adora's personality...

Hope you enjoy it!!!

Here you go   :)

________________________________

I looked around. We were surrounded by 50 people- rough guess. The wind was stale. The clouds were dense and grey. A few murmurs filled the silence.

The atmosphere was gloomy. The expressions of people ranged from sad to regretful to guilty to depressed.

No one was actually howling- not that I expected anyone to. It has been 13 years after all. It's long enough for tears to dry out of most eyes.

Yet, some silent tears rolled down from some remorseful eyes.

The air suddenly picked speed. The cold breeze of October whipped on our faces. The leaves on the ground floated like they were dancing.

Yet none of it caught my attention. I was too busy looking around- trying to find any clue. Like always, my search was futile. Sighing, I turned to my parents.

They were amongst the three- excluding me- who were sobbing every now and then.

"Mum? Dad?" They turned towards me with a small smile that was dipped in grief.

I hated to see them like this. My mum was one of the strongest woman I had seen- seeing that she is a police officer. And my dad was my hero and many others' as well. Being a cop is like being a hero right?

Yet, my parents lost it every year on this day. I've been seeing this since I was three. And I have yet to find a way to make it alright. I really hope one day they realize that it was not their fault. Even I know that they were not guilty but my parents couldn't help but feel so. Had I been in their place, I would've felt the same. Yet, nothing stops me from hoping that one day the guilt will be washed away.

I was brought back into reality when Dad placed a hand on my shoulder.

"She's here." I whisper softly. My mum's hand covers her mouth that has opened in shock. My dad's eyes widen.

"Oh my god! What do we do now? Are you okay? Do you need something? Water? Food? You want to sit? Ron get a chair please... Oh wait! There's a bench. Shall we go there? You want to go home? You-"

That's my mother. When she gets worried, she starts rambling. My dad somehow calmed her down- he always did. Their chemistry is fantastic.

"Kylie, Dora is okay. Aren't you?" Dad asked looking slightly worried. I chuckled and nodded.

"You'd think after all these years, you'd get used to it." I said mischievously. Dad snickered while mum made a face.

"I worry for you and you make fun of me. Ungrateful." My mum muttered. I instantly hugged her and apologized while she waved it off.

"Can you see her?" Her eyes turn serious and slightly hopeful as she asks me the same question.

"No." Dad sighs while the hope in my mum's eyes dies. I look around just to confirm and my answer still remains the same.