Chapter twelve: "I thought I lost you."

Dipper's (POV)

After my family woke up the next morning, we all got our things, and went to the car. But before I went in, I stood by the car, and turned to my Mom.

"Hey Mom, can we go back to Wendy's house one last time. You know, for old time sake?"

My Mom smiled at me, and nodded. I smile and get in the back seat with Mabel. When we get to Wendy's house, I step out of the car and walks up to the house. I sighed before I took out my picture of her again. I smiled at the picture before I looked back at her house again. I put my picture away, and walk to the car, just as another car comes up the road...

Wendy's (POV)

Once we were in town again, I smiled knowing that I'll be able to sleep in my own bed again. Don't get me wrong, I love my grandparents and all, but the bed they gave me was as hard as a rock. We continued to drive down the road to my house for about 20 minutes until we came up to my house again. But when we got there, another car was there, and I saw a kid in the drive way, but who it was shocked me...

Dipper's (POV)

My family stood still, as a girl came out of the car to see us. But who it was shocked me to the bone.

"Wendy?"

"Dipper?"

My shocked turned into happiness fast and I ran to her. She did the same until I was in her arms again, for the first time in months. We continued to hug and not let go for what felt like forever. But I didn't care, I could hold her for eternity and wouldn't care. When we did separate from each other, she looked shocked to see me and my family here. It wasn't long before she spoke up.

"Dipper, what are you doing here?"

"I came here to see you, but when I got here, you weren't home so I went to look for you for three days, and found nothing. Then my family came here for me."

She was shocked by this, and she spoke up again. But what she told me made me feel like an idiot.

"Dude, I was at my grandparents house out of town."

I slapped my head with my hand, and sighed in frustration. She giggled and smiled at me. I smiled back and hugged her again. I couldn't help but shed a tear knowing that she is okay after all. She noticed it, and whipped my tears away.

"Hey, it's okay, I'm here now."

"I know, but you know I worry."

She giggled again and spoke up.

"Dude, I'm okay, you're okay, everything is okay now. You don't have to worry about me anymore."

I nodded at her and hugged her one more time.

TIME SKIP

Hours later that same night, we were at the shack and was getting ready for Thanksgiving. As my family finished setting up the tables and chairs, I went to look for Wendy. I went into the gift shop, and climbed the ladder to the roof. Once I got up, I saw her there, but she was singing. I've always loved her singing, so I decided to listen in on it.

"Nobody listens to me, don't hear a single thing I've said."

"Say anything to soothe me anything to get you from my head."

"Don't know how I really feel, cause it's the faith that makes it like I don't care."

"Don't know how it hurts to turn around like you were never there."