Chapter 18

"You?" I asked him while shaking.

Why this guy?

"Yes, did you miss me?" Joshua Kushner asked me with a devious smile. And behind him stood another man who was observing us carefully so presumably he was in this with Josh.

"So, aren't you wondering why I asked you come here?" he asked me.

"Yes, of course, why?" I asked him. I was pretty angry with the whole situation and I couldn't control it.

"Do you remember how abruptly your friend whisked you away while we were dancing that night?" he asked while inching closer to me. He seemed quite serious about it though I didn't.

"Yes," I said as I nodded. I leaned back onto the counter.

"I wanted to finish that incomplete business," he said with a grin.

"Uh-huh," I said as I cocked my eyebrow up.

"And you might wanna stay away from Taylor as someone else has their eyes on her already," he warned as he jerked his thumb towards the man who was standing behind him. He was tall and had blonde hair and an unattractive smirk plastered onto his face.

"What will you do if I don't?" I asked confidently.

"Well, I won't do anything but he will," he replied, once again gesturing to the nameless man. I gulped hard. Josh moved closer to me.

He will?

"So, will you dance with me Miss. Kloss?" he whispered into my ear. I didn't say anything as I couldn't form any words due to my shocked state.

"I take that as a 'yes'," he says loudly as if had succeeded in what he had planned. He pulled me onto the not too large dance floor. Very few people were actually dancing to the techno music which was playing in the background. He somehow forced me into dancing with him. After a half an hour so we were both sweaty and in the duration of those thirty minutes or so Josh had successfully convinced me to drink a bit. I didn't speak a word through the entire time. I couldn't with the thought of not being able to see Taylor again. Soon the guy who had proclaimed his right over Taylor came by.

"Thanks buddy," the blonde guy said to Josh. They both do a fist bump as I clenched my teeth hard.

Buddy, huh?

"I will not stay away from Taylor," I said with sudden boost in courage which had been practically absent within me till then. I faced the taller guy who had his unattractive smirk back on his ugly face.

"Oh, really?" he taunted me.

"Yup, you heard that right bastard!" I raised my voice.

"Calm down Kloss or you're gonna get beaten up," Josh said as he pulled me away from the taller guy.

"Yeah, that's right, you little bitch," the blonde man said as he balled his fists.

"No!" I screamed as I shrugged Josh off and stepped closer the guy who was truly getting on my nerves. The people around us were all quiet and were quietly observing the fight which was going to unfold before their eyes.

"You better watch that pretty mouth of yours or you're gonna regret opening it up in the first place," he said as nerves seemed to pop up on his forehead.

"I won't, but you will," and with those words which came out of my mouth the guy punched me hard on the left side of my face and knocked me down.

"That's enough!" Josh says as he steps into blocking the angry ball of fire from getting close to me. I swiftly get onto my feet.

"How dare you punch me, jerk!" I say. My blood was boiling through my blood vessels. "Who the hell are you?"

"Why does it matter who I am? Just don't go anywhere near Taylor," he said, his voice almost became a growl.

"You can wish," I spat at him. Soon Josh was pulling me out of the bar as the people in the bar pulled back the blonde man.

I wiggled out of Josh's grip and walked alone.

"Where do you think you're going?" Josh asks as he grabs my wrist.

"Why do you care?" I ask detachedly.

"I don't know," I almost felt pitiful for him because of the tone of his. He lets go of my wrist.

"Then get lost and stop bugging me," I shot back annoyed and walked away. I walked on the lonely streets towards my university. Soon I was getting more and more sleepy so I wanted to reach there as soon as possible. Due to this I tripped over something and fell onto the cold pavement quite close to campus. And suddenly I felt someone pulling me up from the ground and making me stand upright.

"Thank you," I say under my breath.

"Where were you this late at night Karlie?" a worried yet familiar voice inquired.

"Taylor?" I ask in surprise when I see the blonde's beautiful face and glowing eyes.

"Yup, doofus, I asked you where you were roaming at this late hour?" Taylor asks me.

"Me?" I ask her like an idiot.

"Yes," she sighs but a small smile finds its place onto her face.

"And who did this to you?" she asks concernedly as she touches my left cheek. Her touch made chills run up and down my spine. It must have been a mark of the punch which the blonde guy had thrown at me..

"What?" I asked her like I didn't even know that it existed.

"Whatever, we'll talk about this later," she sighed again.

Taylor puts my right arm over her shoulder and slowly drags me into the compounds of our university. She even brings me up the stairs of my dorm.

"Where are the keys?" Taylor asks me as I let out a yawn and my eyelids become heavy.

"You're so cute," she comments. "But do you have the keys with you?"

Aww... She called me cute...

"I don't know," I say sleepily. She quickly takes out her phone and taps on its screen a few times and puts it up to her ear.

"Hello?"

"It's Taylor,"

"Could you let us in the dorm?"

"Yeah, Karlie is with me,"

"Nope, it doesn't seem like she has the keys,"

"Damn it!"

"Okay, bye."

This was the conversation which I heard before I reluctantly fell asleep onto Taylor. 

__________________________________________

I am so sorry for the short chapter but I really wanted to update soon so the chapter ended up being short. I'm sorry again.

Please vote and comment! Thank you for reading :)