Chapter 7

I woke up late like always and yawned with my eyes closed. I sat up and tried recalling the events of the previous night and they came to instantly fully clear with any blurry scenes. From hearing the rumor from Cara to smashing the bottle, I could remember each and every detail.

I sighed at the thought of going to class. Studies didn't really interest me nowadays but they surely did when I was in high school. I always wished to go back in time and live that carefree life. I faced heartbreak every single day but I went to school every day for the sake of talking to my friends. They meant the world to me, I guess they still do.

I saw that my phone was on my table and a sticky note was stuck onto its screen. I took the phone in my hands and examined the note which was obviously written by Cara. It said:

'I'm sorry that your therapy session for the previous night couldn't be completed, maybe I could make it up by treating you at your favorite place for lunch, and I'm also sorry for not waking you up. You look so cute while sleeping ;)'

What kind of therapy session is she talking about? The first thing she did after sitting down for this so-called 'therapy session' was drink! And her reason for not waking me up was that I'm too cute?

I stood up and began performing my morning rituals in a hurry and ran to my class. It was computer science. I have to admit the fact that Mr. Woods did a great job at teaching us the subject but I just couldn't focus in his class. I slid the door slowly open and poked my head into the large room.

"Yes, Miss Kloss, what is the reason for you coming late?" Mr. Woods spoke to me in a different tone, a tone which I never heard from him. It seemed a bit frustrated but mainly angry.

"I-I kind o-of slept late yesterday," I was not telling him the truth but I was also not lying. I could not tell him about my drunken adventures with Cara.

"Oh really?" sarcasm dripping from his words.

"Yes," I said, my voice was shrinking.

Did he come to know about my night in the park? Did anybody else see us?

"Okay, come in," he said. It seemed as if he didn't believe me but he didn't want to waste too much of time in this topic. I walked to the last seat in the room. I slid in and let out a sigh. I looked to my left to see the person next to me. It was Behati. She displayed her sweetest smile and I awkwardly smiled back at her. I kept my right hand below the desk so that she couldn't see it.

"So, what were you doing late at night?" she asked me.

"Nothing, just having some fun with Cara," I replied.

"'fun'?" her tone frightened me a bit.

"Yeah," my voice reduced to a feeble whisper.

"Okay," I guess she believed what I said.

For the rest of the class we didn't talk much. I didn't type a lot of notes because of my hand's condition. When the class was over I stood up to leave for the next class. I quickly yet gently put my hand into the pocket of my jeans.

"Bye," I said weakly to Behati.

"Bye, lunch together, after the next class?" she asked me.

"Yeah, sure," I told her while nodding. We smiled at each other before I left the class. I suddenly bumped into someone. I fell onto my back. I felt someone holding my head up and that was when I opened my eyes. I saw two mystical blue orbs looking at me with a lot of worry contained in them.

"Karlie, are you okay," Taylor asked.

I nodded in response while trying to sit up. I placed my right hand on the ground to support myself which was one of the most dumb decisions I made in my entire life. A sudden pain attacked me. I realized that it was because of putting too much of pressure onto the wounds in my hand. I shrieked at the pain. I saw a brunette which recognized to be Selena on my right.