Chapter 19

I slowly flutter my eyes open so as to see a pair of closed eyes before me. I look around and recognize the hallway. I wiggle around to realize that Taylor who was sleeping had her arms wrapped around me. I immediately blushed at the thought of how cute it was for her to have had her arms around me for presumably the entire night. I didn't want to wake up her up but I had no other choice so I whispered lowly, "Taylor,"

"Mhm," I heard her angelic voice hum.

"Good morning, wake up princess," I sang in a low voice.

"Mmm," she hummed.

"Tay," I said.

"Yes?" she asked me in her raspy morning voice.

"Could you like open your eyes cause it's like morning?" I said in kind of a whiny voice so Taylor finally opened her eyelids to reveal her ocean blue eyes.

"I'm sorry, just give me five more minutes," she said groggily as she tightened her grip on me and closed her eyes shut again.

Don't!

"Please, could you wake up like now Tay?" I said after gulping.

"Fine!" Taylor replied as she opened her eyes open.

"Thank you," I said as I tried getting up as Taylor moved her arms off of me. I stood up and offered Taylor a hand and she accepted and stood upright. I ran my fingers through my messy hair before looking at Taylor who was yawning.

"So, why were we even sleeping here?" I asked her with a quizzical look on my face.

"You forgot about what had happened the last night?" she asked me with disbelief.

"Kind of," I let out a defeated sigh.

"Well, when I found you outside the campus I dragged you up here only to be informed by you that you didn't have the keys to the dorm and that Cara wasn't here," she tried reminding me. I stood with my hand on chin for a few minutes trying to retrieve my almost lost memories.

"Oh, I remember," fortunately for her I recalled the events from the previous night.

"Then, that's good for you but I'm hungry now,"

"Why don't we go out to get some breakfast?"

"Without brushing our teeth? Nope, that's not possible,"

"Oh, forget about that for today, please?"

"No, no, no!"

"Pwease,"

"Ugh,"

"Pretty pwease,"

"Ugh, fine, just stop with those puppy dog eyes,"

"Yes!" I did a fist pump and showcased a bright grin on my face. And just then Taylor started smiling.

We both walked outside the campus with interlocked fingers. It was around ten o'clock and the sun shone brightly in the sky.

"After you princess," I said as I held the door to the café for Taylor. The blue-eyed beauty giggled as she entered the small but cozy café. Taylor found a table for us which was almost in the middle of the place and I found it strange that Taylor had chosen it.

"What would you like?" almost instantly a young lady with a notepad and pen in hand had appeared by our table.

"Uh- What do you want Tay?" I asked the girl sitting across the mini table.

"A cinnamon roll and a cup of espresso," Taylor said instantaneously which I actually didn't expect from her at all considering my previous encounter with her in another café.