Chapter 4

Chapter three

Government headquarters: prison

Saturday March 21st 2067

11:03pm

Jack had been a prisoner at government headquarters for three months know. He had shivered through bitter winters, ate his poor food rations and had screamed through the recurring nightmare of his poor sister for the 133rd time as of today. Had she gotten away? Is she alright? Is she alive?

He imagined his sister. He imagined her blonde hair bleached from the sun lighting up the small dark world they lived in. He imagined her dark blue uniform that was the perfect color on her because of her baby blue eyes that had been forced into round glasses by the government. If he was ever asked which one word described his sister, he would say superior. Superior in knowledge, superior in beauty and superior in kindness. Oh how when they were little he had hated her for it.

He imagined his old brick house at 632 Milburry Lane. His mother had decorated the old shack so it was one of the only houses of their dark town that was bright. It was painted a joyful green with a bright red door and an orange for the inside walls to shine like the sun.

"It reminds me of spring." She had said pointing to the house.

"Spring?" Jack questioned. "What's that?"

His mother looked along the rows and rows of buildings, roads and malls in a longing sort of way.

"Spring was the best thing that ever happend to this planet where all the plants and animals were set free from misery and into joy and happiness."

"Will I ever see a spring?" Jack asked.

His mother swallowed greatly shifting her beautiful green eyes to Jack and moved his shaggy black bangs that were covering his eyes like a curtain.

"Oh, I hope so Jack. Oh I hope so." She said as she gazed into his blue eyes.

...................................................

Jack swallowed his sadness like a mouthful of bitter medicine. He would escape and he would find his sister even if it meant his own life or anything that came with it.

And he would see a spring.

He looked at the old wall clock with the crack through the 12 and 6 on the stained white wall of the cold cell. It read 11:11. Make a wish his mother would say.

I wish to see my family again. He thought to himself.