Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Jacks POV

"Hey!" I hear the boss-guard call after me once he realizes my absence. He orders six other guards to come...... do something to me. But what? I allow my self one glimpse behind myself at the guards.

And it was worse then I expected.

A yard away from me, over twenty guards are chasing me at unbelievable speeds. Each one over 6 feet tall, as strong and heavy as a bulldozer is hurdling toward me with one mission

to destroy me.

Everyone of there musculan arms carries a different type of gun meant to make the victim suffer a painful, brutal experience. I push harder and increase my speed with every step I take. Barefooted and with feet infected with sharp glass and pointy metal slow me down but my lead ahead of them is incredible considering my condition.

Starving from the frugal rations that are wickedly spoiled and not enough for a mouse, sick from disease spreading from prison cell to prison cell is how I have lived my life for the past months. I have lived on a ice cold bed, shivering my self to sleep.

But I did it for her.

And now, as I cling to the bars of the wired fence the realization hits me. I have done the undoable. I have beaten the unbeatable.

I have escaped.

Jamies POV

The scenery before me awakes my mind with memory's. The old bench where my mother would read forbiddenly to me, the rusty swing set barely durable which taught me how to fly and the ancient oak tree which held me as I explored through its numerous branches.

I was home.

I looked at the bright red door and walked up the stone steps. I hesitated. What would they say? There 8 year old daughter a runaway brainiac? There was only one way to find out. I took one last look at my swing set, my tree and my bench. Taking a deep breath I knocked on the door.

My mother answered. She opened the door warily but quickly and when she saw me standing with my legs crossed arms rigid by my side, we both broke out in tears. "Mom" "Jamie!" We muttered over and over again crying illegal tears. We must have been standing there hugging for an hour until we speechless went inside.

She heard my stomach demanding food in a grumble that shook the chair and immediately brought me some sugar cookies.

I devoured them almost instantly.

I had plate after plate until all the cookies vanished. Yet my stomach was not settled.

My mother finnaly sat down and hugged me again. I hugged her back.

Hard.

When I looked at her again I saw something I had never seen in my mother. Despair. Wrinkles from worrying permanently marked her face. Her lips craked and pale. Her brown hair. Full if grey streaks. But what most alarmed me was her eyes. Her cheerful green eyes that had once sparkled looked almost hollow and lifeless forming a dull ugly green.

Had I done this to my mother? The worry, stress, disappearance? I was soon filled with an overwhelming amount of guilt and I began crying again. Muttering "I'm so sorry" over and over.

She patted the top of my head and looked into my eyes. I knew then that I owed her the whole story. The entire truth.

I sighed and then told her to sit. As my first confession I opened the glass framed window along the yellow wall and in popped my horse.

"Ahh!" My mother screamed backing up and toppling over a lamp I (luckily) caught.

"It's okay! It's okay I promise." A bit alarmed I scratch Bella's ears and she instantly relaxes. I follow her lead and drop my shoulders and feel a lot better.

"This is Bella." I say. "And this, is my story."