Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Where is she?" demanded the questioner slamming his tan hands into the cold metal table less than a foot away from the poor beaten tired Jack.

"I don't know!" He cried in inaudible sound. And he didn't. He had tried desperately to gain contact with his beloved sister, through letters and notes, even his own raspy voice yelling for her to come and save him from the deep metal filthy dungeon the government kept him in.

"Why are we keeping him here anyway? He's just a child and obviously knows nothing" a lanky guard in a black suit says his back turned away from Jack, "he's nearly dead what use to us is he dead?"

"Jack." The boss said in his booming voice so he knew Jack could here him, "is our only chance of finding her. He stays the girl will come and save him. It's as easy as that!"

"Why do we want this girl anyway! She's not even 10 and..."

Before he could even finish his sentence the Boss slammed into him and threw him into the concrete wall of the petite cell while the guard cried out in pain.

"She's not just any girl." The boss says and slams him into the wall once again sending a shoot of pain up his spine "she's the smartest one of all of us. She can't unlearn. She's volatile. Uncontrollable. She's smarter than all of us combined. She'll RUIN this perfect society I've created. She must be DESTROYED."

Completely unaware of Jack in the room, they didn't realize all the information they provided him with. And as the beaten guard fell sense less on the floor. Jack was out the door and running for his life.

...............................................

Her eyes were staring back at her. WANTED. Read the line above her eyes And her mouth and face and glasses and wavy blonde hair. It took less than a fraction of a second to figure out what it meant. She was was WANTED. The government wanted her dead or alive. She was paralyzed for the second after that. And the one after that as well. But then she realized what else it meant.

She was neat government headquarters. She jumped with joy spooking her companion Bella. Her loyal carrot-loving horse whom she was quite fond of. Then again your bound to love anything that saved your life.

It had taken her and old Belly three months to get this close to her brother. Three months of living off of apples from the last apple tree ever to be seen. Three months of traveling miles per day. Her aching feet seemed to finally stop hurting and her tummy stop rumbling. She was near her brother.

She was near home.

"One more mile." She said to bell in her calm voice.

One more mile