25

"LET US THE FUCK IN RIGHT NOW WE ARE LONELY AND WE JUST WANT TO HELP AND BE WITH YOU WE CAN SAVE YOU AND TAKE YOU AWAY AND YOU WILL BE SAFE AGAIN"

The rain screamed in Kaeli's ears. It hadn't stopped, flowing off the roof of the building. She heard a thumping noise outside, and heard the lights go off in the cabin. Was something out there?

"YES YES OH YES WE ARE OUT HERE AND WE WANT TO COME IN, LET US IN KAELI AND WE WILL BE LONELY TOGETHER"

The thumping was growing closer to her. She began to panic. Out the windows facing the cabin, she saw a black mass draw near. The panic escalated. She wanted to scream. To cry out. But she couldn't. She had to remain calm.

"THERE IS NO REASON TO BE SCARED WE ARE HERE AND WE WILL BE LONELY TOGETHER"

Kaeli whimpered. A childish, fearful whimper. The thing grew closer. And so did the voice of the rain. It yelled into her ears. She hadn't felt sick earlier, but she did now. A queasy feeling washed over her, and she wanted to vomit.

The thing was right next to the building now. She was thankful for the locked iron door, but the windows were all over the place. That thing could easily shatter them.

She heard it creep right up next to the building. It nudged against it, dancing its claws along the ceiling, emitting a horrible scraping noise.

"IT IS OUT HERE WITH US KAELI SAVE YOURSELF AND LET US IN"

Kaeli ignored the voices in her head. They wanted her to let them in. She wouldn't let the outside in. She wouldn't let the fear consume her.

"BUT KAELI MY LOVE WE ARE NOT HERE TO HURT YOU WE ARE HERE TO HELP THERE IS NOTHING TO BE SCARED OF KAELI NOTHING"

The thing rounded the corner. She could hear its reptilian skin slither across the alabaster walls. The clicking of its claws as it crawled along side of the wall, towards the window right next to her where the water trickled down. She could hear its breaths, the heavy, hungry breaths. It was hungry. Lustful for food. And it was coming for her.

The thing's snout appeared in the window, and Kaeli panted, wide-eyed at it. She crawled backwards into a ball, hugging her legs with the one arm that still could move. She rolled underneath the protective wing of the pipe. The thing snarled at the window, bellowing steam onto it. It looked almost directly at her. She stared into its eyes. Its yellow, ancient eyes.

"Hello," they almost seemed to say. "Will you let me in?"

"LET US IN KAELI THERE'S NOTHING TO BE AFRAID OF"

Kaeli screamed a frightened wail of psychotic fear as the thing reared its claws into a fist and punched through the glass.