~Fuyuhiko~

~•~
Peko sat on the cold bathroom floor, she pulled her knees into her chest. She buried her head in her knees. She let a few tears fall down her cheeks before wiping them away with the back of her hand. She glanced down at the floor, and her eyes darted to the small object in her hand. She opened her clinched fist, to reveal a positive pregnancy test. Fear spread through her, she kept recalling the little girl in her dream. But what scared her more was Fuyuhiko, what would he say, and what would he do. Peko shook her head, she wasn't sure how this had even happened.  Peko had always wanted children, but after the tragedy and the dream she didn't think she was ready. There was a knock at the door, causing Peko to jump. " You gonna hide it there forever or are you gonna come out and tell me what's wrong." Fuyuhiko asked. Peko panicked she had no idea what to do. She didn't say a word, her heart was beating fast  in her chest. Fuyuhiko sighed " Don't make me break down this damn door. I will I have to." Peko thoughts raced through her head. " Give...me a minute." She replied her voice weak. She heard Fuyuhiko curse under his breath. Peko picked herself up off the ground, and straightened herself up as much as she could. She slowly unlocked, and pushed open the door. Fuyuhiko was leaned up against the opposite wall. He stood up straight and walked over to her as soon as he saw her. Peko refused to look him in the eye, she clutched the test tightly in her hand. " What's wrong?" Fuyuhiko asked in a soft tone. He walked up  to her, and placed his hand on her shoulder. Peko took his free hand and places the test inside on it, she turned away. She didn't want to see his reaction. Peko felt his hand return to her shoulder. " Peko, look at me." He demanded. Peko looked up at him with pain painted on her face. He pulled her close " This is wonderful." He whispered in her ear. Peko burst into tears of both joy and sadness. Fuyuhiko wiped her eyes " I love you." He breathed. Peko buried her face in his chest, claiming herself. At least he was happy, and that was what matter most.
~~
Fuyuhiko lay on his back starring at the ceiling. He took a deep breath and ran his hands through his hair. He turned and looked over at Peko who was sleeping peacefully beside him. He looked back at the ceiling, and closed his eyes. He really was happy that Peko was pregnant, but part of him wasn't. He was scared, he was scared that his child would suffer. He was scared to let a pure child into this cruel world. But most off all he was scared that the child would have a ex ultimate despair for a father. Fuyuhiko exhaled loudly, and opened his eyes. He had to look at the brightside of this, because truly it was a wonderful thing. And as this child's father, he would do everything in his power to make sure that his child would never know about there parents being despairs. If the world couldn't forgive him, then surly this child couldn't either. Fuyuhiko rolled on to his side, it would be for the best. He was sure the child would understand when the time came. He had to hope everything would work out, he was going to learn from his parents and his own mistakes. He was going to be the best father to This child he could be. Fuyuhiko pulled Peko close to him, and he drifted off to sleep. Praying that in the end he would be right, because there was always a chance he would be wrong.

________________________________
Hope you enjoyed
~Iris 💖