Chapter 8. Andrew

This chapter is Andrew's point of view. Vote if you think I should make a sequel since this is the second to the last chapter. :D Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amber

Amber never fails to surprise me, she has been there when I needed her. She was kind and nice even though she has her flaws. She was like the perfect girl for any man.

Jennifer

Jen is like ball full on sunshine, she always knew how to make me smile and laugh. She was funny and sweet even though she has her secrets but she was my best friend the perfect girl for me.

Sadly the girl in my arms at this moment was my wife, Amber. I didn't knew how to feel since Jennifer had real feelings for me but it's like I couldn't forgive her after she left me for eight years. Painful eight years to be exact. Amber was the girl who was there for me within those eight years and when I told Jennifer I was getting married I knew the consequences of her being there at my wedding.

Doubts, hesitations and pain.

It would be hard for me to marry someone when Jennifer was right there watching me be happy in someone else' arms. I saw the hurt and pain through her eyes but I knew there was nothing I could do once I said 'I do' especially when my father and Jennifer gave speeches I could tell that Amber was troubled but somehow their speeches made me happy. I remember each memory I had with Jennifer to our first trip to the dentist and our Disney land adventures. Jennifer was fun to be with while Amber on the other hand felt as if her excitement never ends.

The night I spent with Jennifer was amazing and one of the best nights in my life so far. And as she fell asleep in my arms I laid wide awake pondering on my decisions was it wise to sleep with your best friend before your wedding? no. Was it right to marry someone else when you are in love with your best friend? A big no. but I didn't want to leave and hurt Amber after all that she has done for me. I didn't regret marrying Amber I'm regretting why didn't I chased Jennifer after she ran away from college graduation. If I did would she be the one I held in my arms at the moment? Would she be the one I would say 'I do' to? And would she be the one to have my children instead of rejecting to not have ones? questions filled my head of Jennifer as I had Amber in my arms.

"You alright babe?" Amber asked as she looked up to me with her stunning blue eyes "Yes, I am" I replied as she smiled and kissed my lips gently and laid back on my chest. The moment she told me that she didn't want to have kids broke my heart. I have always dreamed that I would have little Andrews running around the place. but no matter how I begged and convinced Amber to have children she kept refusing, she said it was okay to adopt but I didn't want to adopt a child that wasn't my blood.

Also Amber grew furious with me when I told her I needed to visit my parents house since Jennifer was there and she was sick. I was worried and scared that in might be something serious. but I convinced Amber to come with me if she didn't trust me which she didn't ever since the night I went our with Jennifer and came back in the morning. "Ugh, Honey I'll be back in a minute" I said as I gently and slowly got up to go outside for fresh air. Too many thoughts were in my head thoughts of 'What ifs'.

I got out my cellphone and started texting Jennifer;

Me: Hi Jen! :)

Jen: Yow! What's up?

Me: Nothing much. Just thinking.

Jen: About what? Aren't you having fun there? ;)

She was right I was suppose to have fun in this beach resort, after all it was my honey moon but how could I whenever I brought a baby subject up Amber would lash out on me.

Me: About me and you.

ignoring her question about having fun.

Jen: What about us?

Me: Can I ask you a personal question?

Jen: Shoot! :D

Me: What if at college graduation I ran after you when you ran away.

It took her a while to reply.

Jen: This is silly Drew, they are only what ifs. no need to ponder over the past because it's over we can't go back. :(

Me: Just answer the question. What would you do if I ran after you?

Jen: I would run away more because I didn't understand my feelings at that time. I needed time to process it.

Me: 8 years huh? :/

Jen: Sadly yes. but Drew stop thinking about the past think about Amber. When you guys come here I'll try to talk to her about having babies. :)

Me: Yes, I guess you're right. Thank you Jen! You have been such a best friend. :)

Jen: Anything for you Drew. You're welcome! :)

I didn't reply her message because I guess I hurt her badly when I kept calling her best friend. but I never realize till this moment that I have also been hurting myself by being just best friends for years with Jennifer and doing nothing to be more.

I should have ran after her that day and held her. Then gave her a bit time to think then come right back to her. but I didn't and that was the ugly truth. At least I got to spend time with her right before I got married but that wasn't enough to satisfy me it wasn't enough to make me happy because Jennifer is the one that makes me happy and complete but I didn't gave her a chance.

Now there are no second chances,

Just regrets....

                     and memories of the past.