Seven | There's No Place Like Homecoming

Five Days Later

"And a reminder to all Rosewood High Junior Year Students that Homecoming is tomorrow at 7pm! So if you haven't got your tickets and tuxedos yet, make sure you're prepared!"

The voice of Rosewood High's Principal blared over the loudspeaker as Julia walked down the corridor and out of the entrance to Rosewood High. The cold of the crisp autumn air greeted her as she exited the building, descending the stone steps towards the car park. Julia still wasn't allowed to have a car, especially after the whole police fiasco. So instead she walked past the car park and onto the street, ready to walk home.

The sun was lowering in the sky by now, shining a glowing orange light in her eyes. She wore red short shorts and a black blouse underneath a blue denim jacket, with her sleeves rolls up to her elbows. Julia had her left arm wrapped around her purple binder, the other hand clutched onto the strap of her bag. Her black hair was once again held up in a ponytail, and she wore dangly earrings that bounced as she walked.

Julia Fitz still couldn't believe she was going to Homecoming with Ethan Kahn. I mean, Ethan Kahn! Rosewood High's very own popular party boy with the dreamy eyes and winning smile. She hoped her dress would look good enough- she had bought it when she was in town with her mom a few days ago, and she remembered the bright red material that fit perfectly on her without the need for straps. She had already planned out her make-up to match the dress, and Ethan had already asked her what colour her dress was so he could match. Julia smiled to herself as she walked.

She would have walked home with her friends, but they all seemed to be busy after school these days. Victoria would be at her ballet recital for the school's dance demonstration coming up, Adam would be at hockey practice, and Leo was at some important football match against a rival school. Leo. Julia found it almost ridiculous now that they thought Leo had been kidnapped by -A. Or Dean. Or both, considering it could be the same person. In reality, they had just left the party early, around 10pm, and Leo said he had dropped Dean at home on the way back. Julia wasn't a huge fan of the 'Dean is -A' theory, because she wanted to see Leo happy with a new friend. But Tori strongly believed this, and so Julia went along with it.

Julia turns the corner onto her street and walked past a few houses before reaching her own. She took her key from her pocket, which had pink fluffy dice dangling from the keyring; and turned it in the lock, turning the doorknob and pushing her door open.

"Hello?" She asked. No reply. Her dad would still be at school and Oliver at practice, and her mom would still be out working. The bottom floor of the Fitz household was an open floor plan- there were very limited walls and doors dividing each room, and the floor appeared like one big room.

Julia walked into the kitchen and grabbed a soda from the fridge, then made her way upstairs and pushed the door open to her room. She let her bag fall off her shoulder and onto her bed, and dropped her keys onto her bedside table. Despite the cold September air, her room felt like an oven, and so she leaned over her small bookshelf, and opened her window, letting the breeze in. Julia took off her denim jacket and threw it over the back of her desk chair, and then sat down in the chair, turning on her laptop.

Her laptop always took a while to load up. Julia opened her can of soda with a 'piff!' sound, and took a sip of it before entering her password. Finally, her laptop unlocked, and Julia opened her half finished essay in order to complete it before Monday. She started typing as the words flowed from her fingertips just as her laptop dinged! as an IM popped up on her screen. Julia clicked on the tab and opened the message.