Fourteen | Cover For Me

Adam Dilaurentis had only been in an interrogation once before. And that was when Ethan Kahn had framed he and his friends for hiding a murder weapon. Of course, that was when -A was around. And now apparently, a second one had taken Ethan's place as their tormentor. Apart from this -A seemed much more clever. Which meant they could be much more dangerous.

No. Adam shook his head quickly, banishing the thought from his brain. There couldn't be more than one psychopath in Rosewood. The only psycho Adam knew was Ethan Kahn, who was locked safely away in Welby State Psychiatric Hospital. And Adam was pretty sure they didn't allow phone privileges in there.  No. This was probably just some practical joke message, sent from someone back at the campsite. Phone numbers aren't that difficult to hide.

Of course, Adam had been here since he'd been locked up overnight for 'hiding' the murder weapon. He'd been here less than a month ago, when the Coroner's report had came in on Lucy's death. Shot in the stomach, apparently. Funny how no one heard it, Adam thought. But as everyone knew, Lucy wasn't the first blonde to be murdered in Rosewood. There was Alice, and then there was some girl around twenty-five years ago. Bethany, or something. But that could have been a myth, his mothers didn't like to talk about it, particularly Alison.

Regarding Alice, the cops still hadn't found her killer. All they know is whoever did hit her, hit her with the baseball bat, which they still hadn't found the rest of. They had performed a DNA test, and the blood matched Alice's, which meant Adam and his friends were still under suspicion, but a lot of the suspicion disappeared after Ethan took off his mask and they finally got to tell their side of the story.

Adam sat at a metal table in a moderately small room somewhere in the police station. He was handcuffed on both wrists, and the chain that linked the handcuffs was threaded through a handle joined to the metal table, stopping him from escaping. Not that he'd try. The metal chair he was sitting on was cold and unwelcoming, and he still wore his sweatpants and robe from sleeping in the tent. Directly across from Adam was two-way glass, presumably behind which were a number of cops looking into the room.

But all he could see was his reflection. His hair was matted, his skin paler than usual, and the bags under his eyes could be seen from a mile away. Understandable, though, since the clock hanging on the wall told him it was 3am. How long had he been here? One hour? Two? Tori would know, but he was worried she'd start crying if he leaned over to talk to her. She was sat just to his right, with Julia on the left side of the table and Leo on the right.

All four heads looked up as the door behind Julia clicked open, and a man walked into the room. He wore a salmon-pink long-sleeved shirt tucked into formal black trousers, with his top button done up and his navy blue tie tightened up, despite the time. In one hand he carried a coffee in a cheap-looking polystyrene cup, and carried a file under his right arm. His brown hair was gelled back, and his eyes looked through all of them as he strode in. Detective Redwood.

Behind him, a police officer entered and closed the door behind him. He was shorter than Redwood (although that wasn't surprising, considering he was six and a half feet tall) and had darker hair which was swept to the side. His skin was more tanned than Redwood's paler complexion, and he wore a navy blue police officer's uniform, and yawned as he entered. Both of the men slowly sat down opposite Adam and Tori, and Detective Redwood pressed a button on a recording device in the middle of the table.

"This is Rosewood PD's Detective H Redwood." Redwood announced, making Tori nearly jump out of her chair. "Commencing mandatory interrogation of a Mr Adam Dilaurentis, Miss Julia Fitz, Miss Victoria Hastings, and a Mr Leo Rivers. I am joined by Rosewood PD's Officer Webb. 16th March, 3:03 AM." He finished, as he scanned the room for any guilty faces.