Chapter Six: Video Gone Up

"You ready?" Nathalie asked as she set up her iPhone on her tripod.
"I guess," I replied.
We walked downstairs into my basement and chose the bathroom. The place that we were positive nobody else had seen. I sat in front of the black shower curtain and Nathalie set up the camera to focus on me.
"What's your brothers phone number?" She asked, and I told her.

ADAM'S POV

"Check 97," Ty responded to Jerome about TV. Everyone was in the living room, except Mitch and Ian. Mitch went for a walk and Ian was shopping. We couldn't decided on a TV show to watch. Then, my phone started to buzz.
"Who is it?" Jerome asked.
"Unknown ID," I said. "FaceTime call."
"Answer it," Tyler said.
"No- don't. It could be some creepy guys wang," Jason said, we all laughed.
"How would a creepy guy get my phone number?" I asked, and I clicked the green button to answer, and there stood a face is never seen before.
"Hey, Adam..." She said.
"Addison?" I asked, everyone ran over and looked at my phone.
"GUYS!" Mitch exclaimed as he ran inside, we all shh'd him, then he came over too.
"Hey guys," Addie responded.
"Oh my God, you're okay! And healthy! Where are you?" I asked.
"Please come home," Ty begged.
"I can't. I'm actually in... New York. I got a ride from an old friend. I just wanted to call you and let you know I'm okay," Addison replied.
"Please come home, kid, we miss you a lot. It's insane how much we miss you. I'm a wreck," I begged
"You seem fine. It's not safe there anymore, okay? I love all of guys so much but, NYC is my new home," Addison said. "Ty? Do me a favor. Move on. Find someone else."
"There's nobody else like you..." Ty responded.
"There's a lot of pretty girls, Ty. Just pick one," she smiled. "I have to go. But I love all of you and I'll miss you."
"Addie... Please..." I begged.
"I love you, big bro," Addison said.
"I love you too," I cried out.
She waved both hands at us. "Bye guys!"
Then, the call ended.
We all sat around in silence, except Mitch who was laughing. We all looked at him weird- but he had been off lately.
"What?" I snapped.
"You really believe that?! Oh my God! you guys are so stupid!" He laughed. "Adam- did you notice the background?"
"It was green," I said.
"You know what else it was? A shower curtain! The same shower curtain 'Kat' has!" Mitch yelled, we all looked at him weird.
"How would you know?" Quentin asked.
Mitch pulled out his phone and swiped and typed before showing us Kat's Instagram. He clicked on a mirror selfie that was obviously taken in the bathroom- with a green shower curtain.
"So? All that proves is that they both have a green shower curtain," Ty responded, Mitch put his phone away and ran his hands through his hair.
"Oh my God.. Okay, look. We all saw her wave goodbye- with BOTH hands, right? Then how did the FaceTime call end? Huh? Because someone was recording her! And who do you think it is- Mia or Nathalie! Okay!" Mitch exclaimed.
"You're just making accusations without any proof," I replied.
"Stop being in denial! We all know it's true! Besides, I heard Nathalie talking to 'Kat' earlier about making a 'video,' okay?!" Mitch yelled.
"Didn't you say Nathalie was at Kat's, Adam?"  Jerome asked.
"She was," Adam said.
"I'm going to Kat's and exposing her," Mitch said as he stormed out of the house, we got up and followed him- trying to stop him. He went to Kat's door and banged on it as hard as he could. No answer. But we could hear noises from inside.
"Fuckin' open this door, Addie!" Mitch yelled. "I'll open it myself!" Mitch said. He backed up and slammed himself into the door, and it popped open.
Nobody was around- totally empty. We all walked inside and looked around, but we heard the screeching of tires. Mitch, Ty and I all ran outside to look- and it was Nathalie's car zooming off down the street.
"Fuck!" Mitch yelled.
"Calm down," Jerome said. "Look, I don't want to make accusations but- Mitch is right. Kat played us all- she's Addison."
"Ha! Told you!" Mitch yelled.
"Well- let's prove it. Where's the bathroom?" I asked, Ty lead us to the bathroom down the hall and opened it up to reveal a black shower curtain.
"Ha- not green. Black," Ty crossed his arms.
"No. There has to be another bathroom," Mitch said.
He walked around and went downstairs and we all followed. He opened about three doors before opening the last one to reveal a bathroom- with a green shower curtain.
"Fuck.." I whispered under my breath.
"I was right! Fucking told you!" Mitch screamed. Nobody said anything.
"What now?" Jason asked.
I sighed. "We go find her."