Chapter Eight: Race

ASHLEY'S POV
HOURS LATER

"I thought you were dead..." Ty said as everyone started at me. I was on Adam's couch with a blanket wrapped around me and hot coco in my hand.
"There's a lot you don't understand," I whispered.
"Same to you," Adam added. "We know who Addie is-"
"Katrinna Hills," I interrupted. "I know more than you."
"How...?" Jerome asked.
"Travis has been tracking her. He's been watching her ever sense she moved in. He knows where she's been, where she's going, how to get her and where he's taking her," I answered.
"Where?!" Everyone yelled.
"He's tracking Addie. Never told me how- I'm guessing a chip or something but I'm not sure. He plans on getting her by kidnap and taking her to Tennessee," I answered.
"Phsyco," Ty growled.
"No kidding. He planned to leave me for dead in the woods tied to a tree- but I escaped. He thinks I'm still there," I agreed.
"So, he knows where Addie is?" Adam asked.
"He was tracking her in the car. Said something about Wooster?" I answered.
"Wooster street- Uptown. What's down by Wooster street?" Ty asked.
It went silent.
"Mia's new apartment," Mitch said. "I follow her on Instagram. She has a new apartment in Tacoma- it's a few hours away. Wooster street is in Bellingham which is right next to DC- she's going to Mia."
Everyone stared at Mitch.
"How do you know this off the top of your head?" Ian asked.
Mitch shrugged. "I did good in geography."
"Yeah and I got an A- in history but you don't see me naming every ruler of Ancient Egypt," Jason said, we all laughed. Then it went quiet.
"It's a race; first to find her, keeps her," I said.
"And if he finds her first..."
"He takes her to Tennessee and does who knows what to her," I continued.
"Why don't we just call the police?" Ty asked.
"If we call the police there will be a notification out to find his car. Addie will hear about it and leave. All we know is that Addie is going to Mia's- and if she finds out that Travis is looking for her- she'll flea," I answered.
"And if she fleas we have no idea where she's going, but Travis will," Adam added.
"Exactly. Once we get her first, then we call the police," Jerome replied.
"So now what? Travis has a chip on her and he's already headed for her, right? We'll never catch up in time," Ty sighed.
"Not necessarily," I replied. "Travis said something about going downtown to go and get gear- I don't know what that means. Point is- he's going the opposite way. If we leave like now, we'll have the head start."
"Then let's get shit together. Money, food, clothes, weapons- whatever it takes," Ty responded.
"But we can only fit six people in a car. Some people should stay back just incase she comes back," Mitch said.
"He's right," Adam agreed. "I'll go because I'm her brother. Ashley comes too. Ty too. Who else?"
"Me and Jerome will come- everyone else should stay behind," Mitch said.
"It's a plan," I said. "It's a race to Addison."

a/n
short chapter sorry lmao. but the book is done in like two more chapters so I'm trying to get in as many chapters as I can. love ya
-savannah