Chapter 2: The Gas Station

Riley's POV

"Whatcha drawing?" I hear Josh ask Maya. He was leaning over my shoulder, looking at my phone in Maya's hands. He better sit down soon though, I don't want the bus driver yelling at him.

We have been driving for almost an hour now. Maya and I are taking turns drawing on my phone to past time.

"You need to go sit down before you get in trouble," Maya says. "And it's a flower."

"Josh you really should sit down, Riley how's your foot?" My mom asks.

"It's hurts, could we stop and get some ice?" I ask her.

"Sure sweetie, there is a gas station up here. I'll be sure the bus driver stops," Mom answers.

"Here you go," Maya says. She passes me my phone back. "It's dead." I glance over to the back door of the bus. This van has been following us for a while now. But it's probably going to the same place as us, New York City is a really popular place.

Josh sits down behind us. I could tell it was little weird between her and Josh.

"Alright we are pulling into a gas station this is the last time for anybody to use the bathroom!" My dad shouts to everybody.

"Are you gonna get out?" I ask Maya.

"No but I might walk around the bus while everybody is inside," Maya replies.

"I'll stay with you," I say.

"Hey, Riley do you want to get some gum?" Lucas asks.

"Um actually I'm gonna stay here with Maya," I say. I actually did want to go with him.

"No, go ahead Riley I will be fine," Maya tells me. I nod my head and walk off the bus with Lucas. He slips his hand into mine, I flashed him a soft smile.

"That van has been following us since we left the Ski Lodge, I'm getting really bad vibes Lucas," I say to him.

"Riley, it's just a van," Lucas tells me. All of the sudden both of us flinch as Uncle Josh breaks our hands.

"Where's Maya?" Josh asks.

"She is on the bus, by herself," I answer.

"Oh," Josh says. "Well I'm glad you two are finally a happy couple." He takes are hands and puts them back together.

"You are?" I ask him.

"Yeah! I wanted you two to be together since the beginning," Josh replies. "I'm going to go check on Maya."

"I think she wanted to be alone," I say to Josh. "I'll come with if that's ok with you Lucas?"

"Sure Riley, go ahead," Lucas says. I flashed a soft smile then ran over to the bus with Josh.

"Peaches!" I say with excitement.

"Hey Riley," Maya says. "What is taking so long? I can't wait to get home."

"I bet Shawn and Katy have a lot to fill you in, like what flavor cake there is-" I begin.

"Wait what?" Josh interrupts.

"Oh, Uncle Josh doesn't know does he? Shawn and Maya's mom are getting married!" I exclaim with excitement.

"Shawn? As in Shawn Hunter?" Josh asks.

"What Boing? Gotta probably with him marrying my mom?" Maya snaps.

"No," Josh says chuckling. "Well I'm going to go use the restroom." Josh gets up and walks off the bus towards the gas station.