Chapter 8: Why Are You Even Here?

Maya's POV

"Does she need any food?" I hear a voice say. That must be my mother, always worrying about everything.

"No," says a voice. Probably the doctor.

"Why?" My mother asks.

"She is in a coma, her body is completely shut down, expect for certain parts of her brain," The doctor Says.

"Oh," My mother says.

"I'm going to go get a drink in the cafeteria, Katy do you want to come with?" says a deeper voice. Shawn? I believe it's probably Shawn.

"I guess so," my mom says.

"Keep talking to her Riley," Shawn says.

"Of course," I hear a soft voice say. That must be Riley, so where is Josh.

"Riley," I hear a different deep voice.

"Yeah Josh?" Riley asks. Josh? It was Josh speaking?

"Do you mind if talk to her? Alone?" I hear.

"Sure, I'm going to go talk to Lucas to see if he and Farkle want to speak to Maya," Riley says.

"Hi Maya, it's Josh here," Josh says. "I don't know if you remember but at the ski lodge-"

"Where is she?!" I hear a deep voice yelling.

"Sir, please calm down!" The doctor says. "You can't enter without permission from the parents."

"I am her father!" My dad? He is here? Why?

Riley's POV

"Mr. Hart please sit down," I say to Maya's dad. Why is he even here? He has never been there for Maya! I look over in the small window that looked into Maya's room. I signaled Josh to come out and help me.

"I want to see my daughter!" Maya's dad snapped.

"Katy isn't here right now, she is he only who can get you in. The doctors only allow family, sometimes friends depending on the time," I tell him.

"Then how do you and this boy get in? You guys aren't family," Maya's father dad snapped.

"Yeah, but they have been here for Maya, a lot more than you have. Especially Riley," says a voice. We all turn ourselves around and see Katy standing, angrily.

"Can I please see my daughter?" Kermit exclaims.

"She is in a coma," Katy snaps.

"Okay," Maya's dad mumbles. I follow him and Katy into Maya's hospital room.

"Can I speak to her alone?" Kermit asks.

"No," Katy and I both snap.

"Hey Maya, it's your dad. I know your mad at me and don't want to talk to me but I do care for you," Mr. Hart mutters. Josh walks in behind me, I could tell he felt uncomfortable with Maya's dad being here.

"Who is he?" Kermit asks. He was pointing right at Josh.

"Someone who cares about Maya a lot more than you," Katy says.

"Maya has a boyfriend?" Kermit asks.

"No, we aren't together, well we sort of are. It's complicated," Josh says.

"Oh," Mr. Hart says.

"Why are you even here?" Katy snaps.

"I wanted to make sure Maya was ok," Kermit says.