Chapter 20

When all three of them left my confidence disappeared with the gust of wind. Reality hit my face.

I'm really stupid aren't I?...

I sat there with only one torch for light source and dead people for company. My eyes went to the cage with corpses and a new surge of energy went through me.

I'm not going to sit here and wait for my death...

And I was so pessimistic before...

This was the perfect time to leave this place. I moved my arms a bit to see how tight rope was around my wrist and I got pain as an answer. Looking around I saw empty chairs and table with knifes at the end of the room.

Bingo...

I rose from the chair as much as ropes let me and started moving my arms up trying to get them out from the chair's back.. I wasn't flexible as much as I wanted but I still was able to move my arms quite high from behind.

My legs were shaking and painful from not normal pose. I was half standing with my upper body leaned a bit forward.

'C'moon..' I hissed when I felt the edge of the chair's back by my wrists. My arms were at very dangerious angle and were at the point of breaking when I pulled it for the last time. I felt my arms swing to my back almost knocking me forward. Moving my body back I fell down on the chair. My shoulders were in pain and my knees weak.

No time for the rest...

I stood up, now only ankles tied to the chair, and moved one of the legs forward. Chair moved with me making a loud dragging sound and I froze. I strained my ear and listened for a while but heard only shizling sound that sounded a lot like a wind.

Not waiting for someone to come and check on me, I moved my legs little by little.

After quite a struggle I was standing by the table with all the tools. Turning only my upper body I tried to grab a knife but it slipped and fell on the ground. Cursing I tried again only this time my eyes set on a smaller knife.

My fingers grabbed the handle and with the help of s table I flipped the knife around with blade up. Moving my fingers up and down I felt ropes loosen up. With few more moves my arms popped out of my binding.

Quickly cutting ropes around my ankles I was finally rid of that annoying chair. I streched my body and moved my arms around for my shoulders to loosen up. Hearing some bones pop I sighed.

I looked at the table for a weapon but saw tools to big and heavy for me to carry or hide so I picked a blade from the ground and hid my small knife in my boot.

My eyes glanced at the corpses again and I shook.

They are insane....

Before I went out I picked the chair and placed it in it's original place. Then picked ropes, burned their ends and neatly placed them on the table so that everything would look just like before.

Let them think I'm magical or some shit...

I picked the only torch and walked to stone steps. Making my way up I slowed down. The shizling sound was getting louder. At the entrance I looked around only to feel shocked at the view in front of me.

Nothing. There were no guards at the entrance in case I escaped. Which I kind of did. What was even better is the sourse of the sound. It was rain. Seeing it I almost started to cry. It seemed that even Gods were in favour.

With my scent washed away from the rain I had a lot bigger chance of running away undetected.

I threw dead torch in the bushes and looked around again.