Chapter Seven

[hopefully edited. and dear lord, I need to do boxing or something. I have too much anger in me.]

It had been a few days since I skipped school with Mark. And those few days had been a mess.

My parents had treated me the same, probably worse. I couldn't tell. My dad started coming home drunk as well. My mom was always passed out drunk unless she was hungry. While she slept, my father was angry and yelled at me. Punching, kicking, pushing, slapping. The bruises on my body had grown darker from his hits.

Tony and his friends didn't bully me as much. Mark was always around. But today, it was different. Mark got to school late, and that gave Tony the opportunity to pick on me.

As I walked into the bathroom, feeling a bummed out that Mark hadn't replied to my messages, I heard the door open. I was expecting Mark to walk in, his dreamy brown eyes and bright smile to show up. But I was wrong.

Tony walked in, alone, and stared at me, his eyes like daggers. His face turned into a twisted smirk that made my heart and stomach drop.

He walked up to be and gripped me by the shirt. "Man, thank you Mark for not being here today," he said in an angry-happy tone. His eyes held anger, and I knew then that it would be worse than anything he had ever given me.

He threw me to the ground, my back making contact to bathroom floor. A burning pain seared through my back, and my head hurt from banging against the floor slightly. He kicked my in my side, and I heard an unhealthy crack.

My rib, which was thankfully not broken, caused the crack.

He was rambling out curses, kicking and punching me. He had straddled my legs and punched me once in the face. I felt a warm liquid come from my nose.

He stood up from me and picked me up once more by my shirt. My body was numb, limp. I had no control, and I didn't want to take control. Speaking would of made it worse, putting up a fight would of made it worse. I had to silently take the beatings.

He pushed me against the wall, my head making contact with the wall. I remembered squeezing my eyes shut and holding back a yell. "Stay out of my way, faggot," he hissed angrily before letting go of my shirt and leaving.

My limp body slid down the wall, blood from my nose covering my hoodie. I had slipped in and out of consciousness. But right before I went unconscious, I heard the door open and someone yell my name.

----
When I woke up, I was in a different room that was familiar. Mark's bedroom. I was laying on his bedroom, his blanket covering my body.

My body was aching, and I felt tired. My face hurt, by head hurt, my back hurt, and my side hurt.

As I started to roll over, that's when I realised, Mark was next to me in bed. He was on top of the covers though, facing towards me.

His mouth was slightly agape and relaxed, even breaths came out of him. He was asleep. I smiled slightly, ignoring the pain in my face. He looked so peaceful when he slept.

"Sean, I can feel you staring at me," he said, starting to smile. His eyes fluttered open and I felt my face go red. Sitting up, he turned his body so he could look at me. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I showed up late."

I narrowed my eyes a bit and shook my head. "No, no it's fine. Why am I at your house?"

He sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "I found you in the bathroom, your nose bleeding and blood covering your hoodie. I freaked out when you didn't reply, I thought you were dead. But when I saw that you were still breathing, I was so relieved. I was going to take you to the nurse, but I know you don't want to go to your house while school is going on, possibly because your parents aren't home. So, I managed to sneak you out of the school. Don't think I'm creepy, I just needed to make sure you were okay. So I brought you here. I cleaned up the blood and changed you out of your bloody hoodie, which is in the wash, and gave you one of my shirts. Sean, I'm so sorry I was late. I overslept. I promise, I will never leave your side. I promise I won't. I promise. Nothing bad will ever happen to you at school."

But I don't get my bruises from people at school. I wish I could tell him that, but I can't. I shook my head slightly in disagreement. "No, it really is fine. Thank you, for helping me. But it's not a big deal, okay?"

His eyes widened. "Not a big deal? Sean, you were passed out in the school bathroom with blood covering you! That's not something you can just shake off!"

"Well I'm used to it! You should get used to it too if you're going to be around me all the time, because my bruises follow me everywhere!" I snapped out before realising that I probably gave away something I shouldn't of. My eyes widened and his narrowed.

"What?" he asked, clearly wanting me to explain more.

"N-Nothing! Ignore what I just said!" I was rambling. I knew I messed up, I shouldn't of said that. I shouldn't of said anything.

I just need to keep my mouth shut.