Chapter Fifteen

[Not edited .-. my bad. but this book will be ending soon! so expect a new book coming out soon :p]

When Mark's alarm clock went off, I felt him get out of bed to turn it off. He began his usual morning routine, but I sat up and interrupted him. He looked over at me, confusion written on his face, as I normally stay in bed till later.

"What's wrong?" he asked me, walking over to me.

I grabbed his wrist and smiled tinily at him. "Come back to bed."

He stared at me, then smiled. He removed his jeans and climbed into bed again, rolling me on top of him so we were chest to chest. I laughed slightly, ignoring the burning sensation coming from my stomach and legs.

"I will skip school anyway if it means I get to stay in bed with you longer," he whispered before kissing my forehead.

I smiled. Life is good at times.

----
When I woke up again, Mark wasn't in bed with me sadly. I rolled over and my arm flopped on the empty space next to me. Frowning, I sat up. The room was motionless and quiet, no Mark in sight.

I sighed and got up. Not in the bathroom. I padded out of the room and walked into the kitchen, only to see Mark standing in front of the oven, cooking something. It smelled lovely in the kitchen.

"Mark?" I said, catching his attention. He turned around and smiled. "What are you doing?"

He set his utensil on the stovetop and walked over to me. Placing his hands on my cheeks, he leaned down and kissed me softly. I smiled against his lips. "I, Sir, and cooking you a breakfast." I peeped over his shoulder and saw a pan that had bacon in it, and a pan that had a pancake in it.

"Bacon and pancakes? Classy," I joked and smiled. He smiled with me.

"If it makes you feel any better, I nearly made my pancake had bacon inside it."

I made a face of disgust. "That sounds gross."

He acted shocked, and made a fake gasp. "How dare you! It is so lovely!"

I laughed. "You're lovely." He looked at me suddenly with a blank face and an unreadable emotion. My eyes widened. "Uh.. sorry?"

His smile returned. "I like hearing you say things like that." Turning back around, he flipped the pancake and then moved it over to a plate.

I shuffled closer to him and watched as he made a plate of food for the two of us. Looking over at him, I laid my head on his shoulder and said, "Thank you."

One if his arms snakes around my waist. "No need to thank me. Just breakfast." He picked up both plates and carried them over to the table. Setting them down next to each other, he pulled out one of the chairs and looked up at me, beckoning me to go towards him.

I padded across the floor and over to the chair, and sat down. Mark pushed me up towards the table and then took a seat in the chair next to mine.

I looked at my plate for a second, my thoughts going slightly crazy. Just breakfast. That's not what I was thanking him for.

"Sean? Please, come on. You need to eat," Mark said to me, grabbing my hand.

I shook my head and looked at him. "No, I'm not saying thankful for cooking me breakfast, though I am thankful. I'm saying thank you for you. For some odd reason you care about me. It's crazy. You make it seem like you'd rather make sure I'm okay than you. You're always showing up when I need you the most and I don't know why, but I'm so thankful. Thank you for making me eat. Nobody told me to eat in such a long time, and neither did I. I thought eating was so bad because I didn't want to gain weight. I hadn't ate in such a long time before I was brought here. You made me gain weight and I feel more energetic compared to when I didn't eat a lot. Thank you for telling me positive things every single day. I was never told positive things, nobody cares about me. I was called horrid names and threatened every day. And after such a long time, you believe those words and you start threatening yourself. You think you're unworthy, unwanted, imperfect, a waste. I believe those still, and I don't know if I'll ever be able to not think those thoughts because I've believed them for so long. But you tell me that I'm perfect and handsome and amazing and not a lost cause and you make me believe for a bit. It just 'a bit' might not seem like much to you, but I promise, it means so much to me. Thank you for saving me from the hell I used to live in. I wanted to end all of it for so long. I didn't want to wake up every morning but I did. And I knew that I had to relive hell again, and then again. And again, and again, and again, and I didn't want that to be how my life went. I wanted to be gone but you made me want to stay. Words will never be able to explain how thankful I am for that. Thank you for yesterday. You cleaned up my wounds and bandaged them and stayed with me until I woke. Nobody has ever cared this much about me but you, and I'm so thankful. So, thank you."

He stared for a second or two, allowing what I had just said to set in. And suddenly, he had pulled me into his chair and onto his lap, hugging me in such a loving way. I smiled and hugged him back, burying my head in the curve of his neck.

"Sean, I am so sorry for how your life used to be. It was horrible. I could never imagine the pain that you had to go through. I wish I knew you long ago so I could of helped you sooner. I'm so sorry I didn't. But I'm so glad I found before you could do anything towards yourself. I love you to death. More than I probably could of imagine, but you have wrapped yourself around my mine and you're stuck there in the best ways. I'm so so so thankful I found you. You are such an amazing person, you should've never grown up the way you did."

And once again, I began crying. All I ever do is ball my eyes out it seems. I forced a laugh to try and lighten the mood. "Goodness, all I do is cry. I'm sorry. But Mark.. I love you. So much. I'm sorry I'm a mess at times, I don't think I can ever be fixed completely but—"

"I don't think you need any fixing. Just a positive look upon yourself. You are so beautiful, it's crazy how nobody has ever noticed you."

"Probably because of my hood," I mumbled into his neck. He chuckled a bit and picked me up.

"We can eat breakfast later, unless you want to eat now?"

I shook my head. "No. Where are we going?"

He started walking towards the bedroom. "I just want to lay down and cuddle you for a few years or so."