Chapter Twelve

[edited? sure, let's say so!]

It's been a couple weeks since I was brought to stay with Mark. And let me just say, these past couple weeks have been very nice.

First, I have started to like my body a little bit more. I still don't like it, but Mark has been helping me come to terms with myself.

Second, I've put on maybe five pounds. I eat mostly everything, but I have nights where I wake up and go to the bathroom to throw my food up. No matter how much help I will get, I don't think my eating habits will ever be the same.

Third, many people at school have learned that I'm staying with Mark. They don't know who I am, but the pushing and shoving has thankfully come to a stop. I also haven't seen Tony much since this all has happened.

And fourth, a small romantic relationship has developed between me and Mark. It wasn't intentional, but we both knew it was going to happen due to constant hugs and 'accidental' kisses.

Life was good. No. Life's never good. Life is bearable. For now, at least.

I shifted over in bed, pulling the covers over my head. Mark was in the shower currently, giving me time to think. I never have time to think anymore, it seems.

Life has caught up to me, the things I've been missing. They suddenly have made their way into my daily life. A family that is nice and caring towards me. A friend to rely on when I'm in a bad mood. A home that I can call my home.

I no longer am worried about waking up and going to bed, because I know I won't be beaten each and every day.

Mark's family is amazing. They care about one another and they care about me. They treat me like I'm a part of their family. I can't thank them enough for it, I never will be able to.

And Mark, he's amazing. He's someone I can trust, someone I can hold onto. He's loving. He cares about me. At least, I hope he does.

I still don't understand why he'd be my friend. He's a great guy, he has so many friends. And then there's me. I'm never going to be something special, I had no friends. But he showed up. He gave a a friendship I treasure more than anything. He makes me feel like I matter.

The sound of the door opening snapped me out of my thoughts, and I pulled the covers off of my head and sat up. Mark had walked into his room, yet the only thing I had noticed was the fact that he only had a towel on.

I felt my face burn red at the sudden view. "I'm sorry, I forgot to grab boxers," Mark said hurriedly, rushing over towards his dresser to grab a pair of boxers.

Man. He had a very lovely body. I shouldn't stare, I know that. But I couldn't help it. It was lovely. Carved to perfection, in my eyes.

Mark grabbed the boxers and was about to leave when he looked over at me. He realised I was staring at him, and a slight smirk played on his lips. "You are you enjoying this?" he said in a small laugh.

My eyes widened and I shook my head, pulling the covers back over my head. I heard his footsteps walk over towards the bed and then the covers pulled off of my head. Mark was right in front of me, and small smile on his face.

I looked at him, my face red. He looked down at my lips and slowly moved towards me, kissing me gently on the lips. I kissed back, my face burning even more red. Slowly, he pulled away. "I like you, a lot, Sean. I'll be back, let me get dressed."

With that, he walked back out of the room, closing the door behind him. I plopped back down and sighed. "I like you a lot, too... More than I probably should," I whispered out.

----

I must've fallen asleep, because when I turned over and opened my eyes, the room was pitch black, besides a small amount of light creeping in through the window. Mark was sound asleep next to me, his arm laid out in an inviting way.

I smiled gently, enjoying the moonlight hitting his face nicely, and crawled over a bit to lay next to him. Slowly, I wrapped my arms under and around him in attempt to not wake him up.

Of course, being me, I did wake up him. "...Sean?" he grumbled out, stretching his body a bit and wrapping his arms around me. "Why are you up?"

I snuggled closer to him and said, "I just woke up. I didn't mean to wake you, I'm sorry."

He chuckles lowly and kissed me softly on the top of head. "It's fine, doll. Don't worry. I'd wake up a midnight for you any day." My face burned from blushing, and thank goodness he didn't see it.

"I was probably about to fall back asleep, unless you want to stay up."

He shook his head. "No, we can head back to bed. Goodnight, Sean. I... uh.. I love you."

I looked up at him, seeing his eyes closed. He loves me.. someone loves me.. How? I don't know. But I'm actually happy. I'm happy someone finally does.

I kissed him softly on the lips and returned to my original position, snuggled up on his chest. "I... love you, too."