chapter 2

My stomach felt sick when I saw Logan, my heart was beating a thousand times faster. I ran towards my car that was parked on the side of the road, nearly slipping as I ran. I pushed the button on the key to release the lock I was five meters away from my car when Logan appeared on the driver's side of the car. He was freaking me out so badly, I felt sick and scared at the same time. How did he beat me to the car?

The second I saw him I ran in the opposite direction, the library was a twenty minute walk from here, I'll just run instead of driving. But that's when Logan appeared right in front of my face, I ran into him for the second time today. I would have fallen down if Logan hadn't caught me. I stared into his now deep honey brown eyes, he seemed calmer but still angry. I squirmed in his arms but he only held me tighter to his body.

"You could have hurt yourself, what if you slipped while climbing down the railing. Why did you run from me?" he said in an emotionless tone.

I looked away, he scared the hell out of me tonight.

"It's not safe for human girls to be out this late at night, where were you going? And if you wanted to go somewhere you should have asked someone in the house to take you. There are creatures out there worse than vampires that could harm you. You are marrying a prince which means you have to be careful" Logan spoke to me as if I was a toddler.

I felt like screaming vampires don't exist. I couldn't find my voice but then Logan began to carry me back towards the house and I willed myself to speak.

"Ppplease put me down" I asked as nicely as I could. He didn't listen.

"Please" I begged.

Logan stopped and asked again "Where were you going?"

"To see Kara" I replied.

He put me down and grabbed my arm pulling me towards the house I kept trying to let him let me go but his arms where like steal. He pulled me towards the living room and called my parents to the room. I'm in big trouble now. I should have used the front door!

Logan told them what happened I cringed when he said I nearly slipped when I was running away from him. He just made the whole situation worse than it was. My Mum was just hugging and kissing me saying thank god I was okay. I tried pushing away but she was a clingy Mum. Dad on the other hand yelled his guts out.

"What if you slipped! What if you hurt yourself! Why did you have to see Kara so badly! You know the drill you are not allowed outside of this house after eight and now its eight thirty. What were you thinking?" He yelled.

"I want an answer Kayla now!" he boomed.

I sank into my Mum not wanting to answer, even my dad was scaring me which was hard for him to do.

"Look she's sorry she won't do it again right honey" Mum spoke for me, I shook my head in agreement.

"Dam right she won't, she's grounded. Give me your keys and your mobile. You go to school and you come back. You're not allowed to go over to Kara's. You're grounded for a month" my dad stated.

I handed everything over and sat back down next to my mum. Great no freedom for a month!

"Richard its hardly fare to ground her when she only has a month left of a human life, don't be so harsh" My Mum said calmly.

"What?" I chocked.

"We are all leaving within a month, we are moving to the Sparks home where you will be married and turned into a vampire. We went through this already Kayla were you not listening" my dad questioned me.